2.5" Radix Pulley?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2012, 01:59 AM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
a 2.8 pulley with a 1900 on a 5.3 will get you about 13psi
a 2.8 pulley with a 1900 on a 5.3 will get you about 9psi

Richard, would you care to explain exactly how that works?
Old 03-27-2012, 03:17 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Jim your cool as hell man!!! Youve got a truck that has all the right mods and looks, we would never know your age by judging these things haha!!!

Im curious if your physically able to fit a smaller pulley on the snout also, I see a 2.8 in your sig, i run a 2.65 from south florida pulley, so there is one option for you.

I also run an IW od crank pulley, along with the 2.65 and see a steady 12 psi with spikes up to 13-14ish. I wish too i could up the boost to like 15-16 but i just dont see how i can spin my blower any faster. I dont think its possible to see 15+ on your setup but if ya could more power to you !!

Roger is on the right track, open up your J tube, and custom 4'' intake with a speed density tune and it will net you more power.

Also if you can run E-85 that is a guaranteed 50 rwhp on the dyno and will be cooler fuel for your blower. Wish i had some, but you will need larger injectors possibly.
Keep us posted man!!
Old 03-27-2012, 03:20 AM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
And he says the electrical engineers use black magic and voodoo lol
Old 03-27-2012, 04:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by caddy03pimpin
I got a 2.45 pulley laying around I can tell you what you have to do to make it fit its very minor .
I'd like to get that pulley from you and/or hear what you have to tell. Maybe pm me?.

Quite a while back I installed the larger idler pulleys so that really helped get me increased belt wrap.

.I love the 4" inlet tube idea and I already built a new air box, not the one in the photo.. but an enclosed one, that gets great flow from the front and bottom of the truck. What materials would I use for the 4"tube and where can I get them?

The 2 bar tuning is greek to me man. My understanding of tuning in general is very primitive and minimal. I'd have to go to school on that stuff and/or have somebody do it for me so no we're now back to the problem I've always had since I started this build... i.e. there's nobody around this area, that I know of, that can do that stuff for me or give me hands on schooling on it. I'm old and I'm old school and I have a really hard time getting the computer stuff in my head. That is definitely my weak point. I can't seem to "get it" without having it fed to me, from the beginning, one little piece at a time.

What I need is face to face tuning tutoring.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 2.6 pulley I am not using. It does get hot in the 1/4 mile with the stock intercooler. I will add to this post in a bit with some pics of how to help the slip problem.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:56 AM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71
I plug in some numbers to a spreadsheet I acquired back in my supercharger days. The pulley diameter needed for a certain boost level turns out to be a ratio of the blower volumetric flow rate to the engine volumetric flow rate.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gadgetized
I have a 2.6 pulley I am not using. It does get hot in the 1/4 mile with the stock intercooler. I will add to this post in a bit with some pics of how to help the slip problem.
I only get on it for short bursts so heat shouldn't be a problem.. and if it is I have a larger tank I can use for the intercooler. Please send me a pm with a price for the 2.6. I have oversized idler pulleys installed so I get good belt wrap.
Old 03-27-2012, 09:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is what I did to help with belt wrap. I bought an idler off of EBay for $9 (I think), and mounted it in the bracket supporting the snout.

Old 03-27-2012, 10:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

a 2.8 pulley with a 1900 on a 5.3 will get you about 13psi
a 2.8 pulley with a 1900 on a 5.3 will get you about 9psi

Atomic, please reread your post (quoted above) very carefully, paying special attention to the numbers. I believe you will discover an error, which AKlowriderZ71 attempted to point out.
Old 03-27-2012, 10:51 AM
TECH Veteran

I plug in some numbers to a spreadsheet I acquired back in my supercharger days. The pulley diameter needed for a certain boost level turns out to be a ratio of the blower volumetric flow rate to the engine volumetric flow rate.

Quick Reply: 2.5" Radix Pulley?