FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

[B]Radix Misfire Help![/B]

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 09:34 PM
what a rush!

Received 28 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mjhoward
The blower was torqued properly during initial install. I feel that the softer rubber on the orange gaskets must have lost their ability to seal when it was ran a little and compressed more, realaxed, etc... Thus allowing the torque on the bolts to be incorrect. I will check the torque again in a couple of days to see if the same thing happens again with the green gaskets.
You may have not had much problems out of those gaskets, but there must be a reason GM changed the design.
What torquing procedure did you use?
Old 08-08-2005, 08:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did the standard inside to out and side to side in a criss-cross pattern and slowly running them down in 3 increments until I got to 89 inch lbs. I used silicone spray on the surfaces. I did this with both installs.
Blownchevy - the reason you give for the gasket change makes as much sense as anything. The green one's are a more firm rubber. Whether that makes a difference I don't know. All I know is I torqued them correctly on initial install and a week later I had a rough idle when cold and spiradic A/F mixture when warm. Everything has been good for the past 2 days.
I just rechecked the torque on the intake with the motor warm and after driving 100 miles with several heat up and cool down cycles. I didn't find any loose.
Whatever the cause, i'm just glad it is over! Now time for headers and a tune.
Old 08-08-2005, 01:11 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me get this straight..... Has the radix design changed? Mine has grooves milled into the surface, which use individual rubber LS6 intake manifold gaskets. Are you guys saying the new Radix now uses the plastic one-piece truck intake manifold gaskets? interesting......
Old 08-08-2005, 04:23 PM
blownerator

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yes the design has changed, no there is no difference other than the availability of the current gaskets.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Default 11.5 psi Of Boost On Magnuson Base Tune?

I'm no guru, and not trying to be rude, but 11.5 psi on the supplied tune? Most folks over 9 have to spray, re-tune and deal with belt slip and such.
Does somthing seem amiss with these numbers to the experianced hands out here?
I would like to see some Dyno numbers on this one.
Old 08-08-2005, 04:54 PM
? ? ? ? ? ?

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I assume the lower intake has been milled some to adjust for the thicker truck gaskets, correct?
Old 08-08-2005, 05:05 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by BigTex
I assume the lower intake has been milled some to adjust for the thicker truck gaskets, correct?

correct.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by therock
I'm no guru, and not trying to be rude, but 11.5 psi on the supplied tune? Most folks over 9 have to spray, re-tune and deal with belt slip and such.
Does somthing seem amiss with these numbers to the experianced hands out here?
I would like to see some Dyno numbers on this one.
Keep in mind that all aftermarket manufacturers keep things conservative because of idiots like me. They tune if for 91 octane & I'm running 93. I have a Autometer cobalt boost gauge and with the stock 3.7 pulley it was 7.5 lbs. It would really freak you out if I said the other evening it was a little cooler weather and it touched 12lbs at 6k in 3rd gear (103mph). I am carrying my 95 p/u 5 spd with a 383 and throttle body injection obdI to the dyno for some #'s for a guy that has been doing the tune for me(he isn't a sponsor). While I'm there I might see if I can get someone to drive my 05 to get some #'s on it for sh*ts and giggles. I'm about to put on some pacesetter long tubes, 216/224 .558 .558 114 cam and a dyno tune. It would be nice to have some before and after #'s.
Old 08-08-2005, 08:43 PM
blownerator

Originally Posted by mjhoward
Keep in mind that all aftermarket manufacturers keep things conservative because of idiots like me. They tune if for 91 octane & I'm running 93. I have a Autometer cobalt boost gauge and with the stock 3.7 pulley it was 7.5 lbs. It would really freak you out if I said the other evening it was a little cooler weather and it touched 12lbs at 6k in 3rd gear (103mph). I am carrying my 95 p/u 5 spd with a 383 and throttle body injection obdI to the dyno for some #'s for a guy that has been doing the tune for me(he isn't a sponsor). While I'm there I might see if I can get someone to drive my 05 to get some #'s on it for sh*ts and giggles. I'm about to put on some pacesetter long tubes, 216/224 .558 .558 114 cam and a dyno tune. It would be nice to have some before and after #'s.
Glad you got the misfire fixed......

Another question for you.....have you added a fuel pump? The Gibbs trucks do not have a larger in tank pump.
Old 08-08-2005, 09:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah. I've installed the pump with the kit.
I had a couple of issues with the install that may need to be noted in the instructions for revision. I had to clearance the alt bracket to clear the intercooler housing. I did not have to clearance the alt bracket for the crossover tube like the instructions said. And the nipple for the hose connection on the new crossover tube contacted the lower intake and caused it to leak @ the seal. I eventually had to put some rtv on the metal/rubber seal in order to get it to stop leaking after I bent the nipple a little for clearance.

Quick Reply: [B]Radix Misfire Help![/B]