Events & Show Discussion Races | Events | Shows

Suv Meet At E-town

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2008, 08:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suv Meet At E-town

some of the guy's from the other site's are trying to get this thing going.just wanted to see if you guy's are looking to do something like this,they need as many people w/newer suv that are into racing.take a look
I think I can set this event up for early next season at Etown when the track opens up again (Maybe February or March 2009 when we still have the cold weather season).
But first we need to know if there's enough interest for me to proposed this to Walter (an official at the Etown I know, he has set up other events for us in the past and I'm sure he can set up an event if I can present an list to him from all the vehicles discussed on this thread).

This is what I have in mind...

Trail Blazers.and chevy trucks.. (all size motors, including the 6)
Jeep Grand Cherokee (all size motors, including the 6)
2005 and up models ONLY

VS

Mercedes SUV (all size motors)
Porsche Cayenne (all size motors)
BMW SUVs (all size motors)
2005 and up models ONLY

We can have the following classes set up.
- 6 cyl heads up
- 8cyl heads up

- 6 cyl brackets
- 8 cyl brackets
And a bracket King of the Hill of all the winners from all 4 classes.

I don't want to limit it only to TBSS and SRT8s and same thing for the V8 imports as we might not get enough count to set this up. The more SUVs involved the more chances for this event to happen, so the 6 cyl and other V8s are welcome to sign up.

If you guys have other ideas to set this event up post your thought here.
But lets get it done.

I'll need help...
I'm going to need the TBSS guys to post this on the TBSS boards (you can copy this thread).
Same thing for others here that frequent other boards of the imports being discussed here, we got to let them know and get a list going for them too.
Who can do this?

Remind them...
Only 2005 and up models and all size motors will be welcome (if this event takes place).
Previous production models can come too and run in the time trial lanes but not for this event (in case we have buddies with older models interested in coming too).

Also, it would be nice to have some vendors be part of this for some trophy prices for the winners of each class and some cash prices as well. But we'll get to that later, first we need to see if there's enough interest.

I'll be talking to Walter (from Etown to start this idea going with them) and I'll keep you guys updated.

post up if you thing you want to do this.THANKS GUY'S
Old 10-14-2008, 08:36 PM
Launching!

I'd def be down along with a few of my buddies....I look every year at the e-town calender to see if the is something for just suvs/trucks. The only thing they ever have is diesel. Would this be stricktly gas?
Old 10-14-2008, 08:37 PM
Launching!

Just read.....Why just 2005 and up?!?!?!