Events & Show Discussion Races | Events | Shows

Spring Break Shootout! Countdown.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2004, 11:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

slow, ive been there at the track where it ran 12's... and it wasnt even tuned, or getting the right amount of spray..

i think it will be purrrty quick. ... for a truck especially.
Old 02-29-2004, 12:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This has to be said. Produce some timeslips Matt then talk smack. I do know what your saying about breaking parts, but I drove to Lousiana to race with a slipping tranny. You don't see me talking smack, I know I'm SLOW......this month anyway. Yes, I won't be racing. My tranny fix money is back burnner due to family oblgations. But I'm taking off work to be there. Of course if I get edit to work on this new laptop, It's possible I may get th truck in the tranny shop next week. LOL lighten up!!!!
Old 02-29-2004, 07:33 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 135 Likes on 89 Posts

Breaking is a risk you take. I went to the Thunder shootout knowing that my G80 probablly wasnt going to hold up but went anyway. Sure enough, it shattered into a million pieces. I was lucky enough to have a friend cover me to get it fixed so I could drive home. If everything works to my advantage, I will be making 10 hour trip under the full asumption that my tranny may go south on me. If it happens, I guess I will just be taking an extended vacation that week. Just one of those things.
Old 02-29-2004, 08:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

[QUOTE=Slowverado]definatly to cheap, and definatly not scared of anything that's gonna be there. that's just to damn far to drive to break out of the 16's.

How fast is your "daily driver"? You have to make power to break things.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:31 PM
12 Second Club

[QUOTE=TnTrk53]
Originally Posted by Slowverado
definatly to cheap, and definatly not scared of anything that's gonna be there. that's just to damn far to drive to break out of the 16's.

How fast is your "daily driver"? You have to make power to break things.
Old 02-29-2004, 05:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

C'mon guys....I paid and probably won't even race!!!! Well.....maybe I will......
Old 02-29-2004, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

yeah this sucks i guess we have got alot of big talkers on here and nobody willing to prove it.
I counted atleast 17 people saying they would run and we only got three people paid up to run. WTF.
this is not going to look good, wouldnt be surprised if they dont offer to put a truck bracket in there anymore if nobody is gonna run.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:03 PM
Need More N2O Mod

my paypal is down right now, but i am still in
Old 02-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Banned

hey, i'll be more than happy do race at my local track, and have....if you guys are willing to drive 3+ hours to break something and have AAA tow your boat back home that's your perogative, it however is not mine, i don't believe in doing stupid **** such as that. now if i drove to Ennis (45 min) and broke something, that would be different. but not Seguine, that's just stupid in my opinion. and Greg, you know exactly what times i've ran, they've been posted several times, however they are 1/8th times. but they were stock internals with 3.42s and a 75 shot with stock manifolds and stock converter....hmmm, lets take into account the mods since then and the ability/willingness to spray double that....YOU KNOW DAMN WELL that it's plenty fast. any time you and your "fast"4.8 wanna get it on come up to Ennis and we can do just that.
Old 02-29-2004, 10:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Slowverado
hey, i'll be more than happy do race at my local track, and have....if you guys are willing to drive 3+ hours to break something and have AAA tow your boat back home that's your perogative, it however is not mine, i don't believe in doing stupid **** such as that. now if i drove to Ennis (45 min) and broke something, that would be different. but not Seguine, that's just stupid in my opinion. and Greg, you know exactly what times i've ran, they've been posted several times, however they are 1/8th times. but they were stock internals with 3.42s and a 75 shot with stock manifolds and stock converter....hmmm, lets take into account the mods since then and the ability/willingness to spray double that....YOU KNOW DAMN WELL that it's plenty fast. any time you and your "fast"4.8 wanna get it on come up to Ennis and we can do just that.
so Basically we are a stupid a$$es that dont care about or rides.
like you said its a perogitive. just so happens mine is i like to race. dont have nothing to prove. and im sure as hell not even quick, but hey give me a chance and go head to head against someone, and spend all day at the races im up for it. win or lose.....or break something(which is the chance anyone takes wether it be racing at the track or driving around town) i will have a blast.
and for the record everytime i have destroyed or broke something ( nine transmissions to name a few) i have been driving around town, or on my way to work or home from it. but havnt broke anything at the track yet, and i do go alot.

Quick Reply: Spring Break Shootout! Countdown.....