Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

performance shops?

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2006, 12:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm in Bergen county - Dumont to be specific.

I've never had work done at a shop, but I have had my truck dynoed at TTP twice. The shop is clean and organized, and they always have some impressive cars there. They are a little hard to get a hold of though. They also do not have the software to tune trucks, they say there is not enough demand. They will tune a truck if you provide the software.

What are you looking to have done?
Old 02-08-2006, 10:05 PM
Teching In

haha i was looking to get a live dyno tune guess thats not happening...my funds have been diverted elsewhere anyway....20" black powdercoated SS rims then e-fans
what track do you go to?
Old 02-09-2006, 05:32 AM
TECH Addict

DOH! I did know of one guy who got his truck tuned at Cartek, but it was way more expensive than any other tune I have ever heard of. Bryan Herter from PCMforless is in PA and does dyno tuning of trucks. There's a few NJ guys who have gone to him and came back happy. I have a mail order tune from him, but when I get my heads and converter installed, I'm going to take a day and drive down to him.

I never been to the track in my life, but I hope that will change this spring/summer.
Old 02-09-2006, 10:58 AM
Teching In

well if your ever in the hackettstown area and are going to island dragway pm me and we could meet..good luck with the heads and converter
Old 02-09-2006, 07:34 PM
TECH Resident

I went to Bryan for my last tune, great guy to work and deal with. He will help you as much as he can. We dynoed in Reading, about a hour and a half from me, I am at the shore.
Old 02-11-2006, 12:51 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bryan did a street tune for me too, definitely worth the trip IMO.

I go to Island every so often...took my truck there once, and hung with my pop while he raced his 10 second Malibu a few times. He goes pretty much every Sat. during race season. He actually keeps hinting to me how he'd like to have me race his car now that he's getting older and his reaction time sucks....but the wife doesn't want me spending every Saturday at the track
Old 02-13-2006, 04:42 PM
Teching In

Default SHop

Hey guys,
I have a small shop located near Raceway Park in Englishtown NJ. We have been doing a lot of work with 350z's and g35's but I have always been into trucks and currently I am shopping for one. I would like to offer our services to anyone interested. We are open most nights and weekends. We are currently waitning for our dyno to be delivered and will start learning how to tune right after that. We can offer pretty good pricing on parts and labor since we have a low overhead. We have plenty of experience with turbocharging and supercharging. If anyone is interested please feel free to email me at mike@racemrc.com and I will help you in any way I can.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Teching In

hey mike...email sent
Old 03-15-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Hey guys. Bryan Herter knows LSx trucks (he owns an SSS) He is top notch with the fine details that I could not do on my own. He actually just started leasing the shop in Reading so he can do full time dyno tuning there. The price he charges is very reasonable.

As for performance shops in the area,... Bruces Speed shop in Rockaway NJ has the resources and ability to do just about anything. They have a dyno but their tuning leaves alot to be desired IMO. Prices are steep as well. SLP in Toms River may help you out as well but expect to pay for it.

IMO, you may surprise yourself by doing the jobs yourself. You have the infinite resources on this board to help you out. I could always give you a hand as well if needed.

Please don't pay someone to install your fans! Call me, I'll help you.
Old 04-02-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

if u find a good place please let me know....i am on Staten Island NY and would like to find somewhere reasonably close. thanks

Quick Reply: performance shops?