Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

OFFICIAL CAPITOL April 5th pt.net GTG Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2009, 06:53 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BADMOFO
I'll be there, and I'll bring the truck. It ran a 14.1 at the last GTG, so I'm not ashamed. Hell, that's with a STOCK LQ4 and nothin' else.....you better had put a blower on that TBSS. I would expect those to run better than that with the mighty LS2 wouldn't you? What am I missing?

Didn't the tuning guy show up with his and run about what my truck runs? Seriously, is that all that they run with all that HP and AWD? I guess I'm just ignorant, but who didn't know that.

They are close to 5000lbs and DOGS down low. The mph should be good for low 13s but, there is no bottom end.

The blower has cured that.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:07 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by XLR8NSS

They are close to 5000lbs and DOGS down low. The mph should be good for low 13s but, there is no bottom end.

The blower has cured that.
I'm sure it's a good time with the blower, but aren't you back to being worried about the trans at that point? I also figured they're heavy, but my truck was 4880 and has a 3.08 rear. I was being funny (trying) at first, but the more I think about it, they really should be faster than that....don't you think? What do you have planned for the trans? I know that with your SSS you only ran it a few times due to trans paranoia.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:10 PM
Cuz I AM a BADMOFO

Oh, I'm asking a lot of questions as I would definately consider one for my next ride, especially at some of the deal prices you can get on them right now. I think they are super slick looking and still "usable" as a family vehicle at the same time. I would most likely leave it "pretty much" stock as I have my truck. What kinda mpg have you noticed with yours?
Old 04-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't know but, running the numbers shows they should run around high 13s/low 14s stock. The LS2 has some power but, it doesn't start until after 3000rpm, by the 6500 shift it's like WOW.

Eventually I'll put a built trans in and hope for the best! That and a small stall, something like the reworked TB I6 stall BigTex is running in his. The stocker is holding up ok so far but, I don't go WOT a lot either, quick short burst of third gear part throttle is all you need now! Triple digits come up too fast! haha

MPG isn't all that great. Stock it was around 14.9-15.5 highway. The couple times I've checked it with the blower it is about the same. I thought it was better but, the displayed mpg is not right anymore.

No more questions, go drive one!
Old 05-05-2009, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by badmofo

don't count this guy out, that heap prob. Runs in the 8's.
who are you directing this towards?