Eastern VA, MD, DE, WV, PA, ME, VT, MA, CT, NH, NY, NJ, RI

Lets go PENS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2009, 11:38 AM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

so true so true, but he is really good, hard to tame that kind of talent sometimes. Again, I think he should have been humbled that second game. I want to see a penn/cap game in playoffs!!
Old 04-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Import Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Interesting....

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=419214

Ovie crashes the Garden 'party'
Monday, 04.20.2009 / 1:48 PM / 2009 Playoffs Conference Quarterfinals
By Dan Rosen - NHL.com Staff Writer
CAPITALS VS. RANGERS
SERIES STATUS: RANGERS LEAD 2-0

NEW YORK -- Early on during the New York Rangers' pre-game practice Monday morning at Madison Square Garden, Alex Ovechkin went out to the visitor's bench in shorts and a T-shirt and started watching intently.

He was there no longer than a few minutes before a Capitals' public relations representative told him he couldn't sit on the bench, but he could go in the stands. Ovechkin stood up, stretched out his chest and muttered something under his breath before walking back to the Capitals' dressing room.

Asked later why he went out there to watch the Rangers practice, No. 8 smiled and said in his improved but still slightly broken English, "Just Tortorella [ticks] off."

Well, why do you think they asked you to leave Ovie?

"Because they're afraid of me, all right?" Ovechkin said before walking away.

Seems Ovechkin isn't nervous heading into Game 3 Monday night here at the Garden (7 p.m. ET, VERSUS, TSN) even though his team trails the best-of-7 Eastern Conference Quarterfinal, 2-0, and was shut out in Game 2 on Saturday afternoon.

"It's a fun time and it's a hard time and we like when it's a hard time for our team," Ovechkin said. "We bounce back. Right now we have a little bit of pressure, but if we win one game the pressure bounces back to the other locker room. Everybody is going to think, 'Oh, they bounced back and they're coming.' "

That's exactly what the Capitals are hoping for out of Monday night's game.
Old 04-20-2009, 01:41 PM
Teching In

I hope to see more of Simeon Varlamov this playoff run. I think the kid has talent. What is he like 20 something? He has the talent for sure. He has played previously on the russian senior team, so we know he has the skill and experience. Now he just needs to get used to North American hockey and he will be awesome.
Old 04-20-2009, 06:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by beastmode
Defense looked sad in game 3. Gonchar basically let up that shorty himself.

Did you make it out of Wachovia center alright John

I would think Pens come out pissed off Tuesday
Yeah...I did not think the Pen's defense played all that well Sunday either. They Pens turned the puck over and gave up too many easy goals. I thought they played a spirited game though. The tempo was good and they were playing in the offensive zone alot but giving up a short handed goal hurt bad. They will bounce back!

Yeah....I made it out fine. I think it would have been worse if the Pens won though since the fans would not have been leaving in a good mood. Flyer's fans are a trip. I got heckled and some of the **** they were saying was pretty funny. I just ignored all the bullshit and rolled with whatever they said to me. It definately is not a place I would take my kids though. It is a little disappointing to see so many fans act kind of stupidly with the language and such. Like what you said about Detroit's fans. It does not offend me in the least but I had a young Pen's fan behind me and thought about what if it was my kid. The one Flyer's fan said to me during the game that "You know that Flyer's fans do not get it this bad in Pittsburgh". I thought to myself "That is because they have more class".

Lets Go PENS!!!

I want to see a penn/cap game in playoffs!!

Two best possible playoff series IMHO! Pens & Flyers or Pens & Caps.

The Devils/Hurricanes series is pretty good though.

I still can't believe the Rangers are up on the Caps 2-0!
Old 04-20-2009, 08:51 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by MossyOakSilverado
I hope to see more of Simeon Varlamov this playoff run. I think the kid has talent. What is he like 20 something? He has the talent for sure. He has played previously on the russian senior team, so we know he has the skill and experience. Now he just needs to get used to North American hockey and he will be awesome.
Yeah, 20yrs old...CRAZY. I mean, Avery got in his face and it didn't even phase him. Then Avery got booted...LMAO.

Originally Posted by TurboJohn6

I still can't believe the Rangers are up on the Caps 2-0!
NOT ANYMORE!

See beasty! They were listening to you. They spread the task out over the whole team tonight and it showed. That and mixed with getting under the Rangers skin all the while keeping their cool worked like a charm.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:33 AM
Import Moderator

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
See beasty! They were listening to you. They spread the task out over the whole team tonight and it showed. That and mixed with getting under the Rangers skin all the while keeping their cool worked like a charm.
Theres the caps we know! Varlamov is going to be unfuckablewith, that kid played it cool all game even when Avery to his dirty shot trying to sucker him in. Semin stepped up his game too, I think thats something you didnt see from him in game 1 & 2.
Old 04-21-2009, 06:34 AM
Teching In

Yea that was a nice 4-0 win. Nice to put a goose egg on the scoreboard in new york! Varlamov gets his first shutout... in the playoffs! I think he had something like 34 saves. A good night for the caps no doubt. Hopefully they carry it forward and keep playing like they have all season
Old 04-21-2009, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

NOT ANYMORE!
I did not think they were going to lose game 3. They are too good of a team. I was surprised they lost the their two home games though. You can't give up games like that.

Pens win a big one in Philly! One more win and the Pens are moving on! Fluery played AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Lets go PENS!!!!!!!
Old 04-22-2009, 06:34 AM
Import Moderator

The Flower was incredible, 45 of 46 saves... 16 of 16 on the PP... I think that pretty much drained the momentum right out of the Flyers
Old 04-22-2009, 12:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think that pretty much drained the momentum right out of the Flyers

I LOVED it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Lets go PENS!