Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

Wanting to make some new pulls!

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 08:24 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ouch that sucks...I guess they only treat you with respect if you spend $30,000 on motor upgrades in brand new corvettes. I walked in there and was in heaven, they had a brand new Z06 on the dyno...sitting on top of the motor was a procharger! I think it made 900+ to the ground with the myriad of engine upgrades.
Old 08-26-2010, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KHester84
Ouch that sucks...I guess they only treat you with respect if you spend $30,000 on motor upgrades in brand new corvettes. I walked in there and was in heaven, they had a brand new Z06 on the dyno...sitting on top of the motor was a procharger! I think it made 900+ to the ground with the myriad of engine upgrades.
Yeah they S/C my buddys vette & did a good job on it! So I thought I'd give them a try! "Big mistake"
Old 11-13-2010, 09:25 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by KHester84
I had a bad experience with Ragin Racin when I had to get a crank relearn performed after installing my black bear tune. Guess it's my fault for not asking before he did the work but they charged $100 to do a 5 minute relearn on my truck. After I told him I could have gotten it for free from Justin (his efi-live cables were booked up for weeks) the only way he would credit me $100 is if bought something from his shop...pathetic in my book but maybe he was sticking it to me since I didn't use their services for the tune.

What didn't you like about ragin racin?

I am sorry to hear you were not happy with our services. We do our best to make sure everyone leaves happy. At the end of the day I do run a business and charged you for a service that we provided. We did let you know about the charges upfront and you had the opportunity to leave and take it to another shop if you would have wanted to. I also offered the $100 back to you as a credit toward a future purchase as a courtesy to you. I don't think there are many shops that would do that. I am sorry to hear that you think it is it an unfavorable business practice for me to offer this to you. I did see you posted in a previous post that you wish you would have known about our dyno day.....this is the type of thing you would have been able to use the credit for.

Thanks,

Shawn
Old 11-13-2010, 09:48 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by mhotrodscooter
Well let's see! After I installed my cam & headers I brought my truck to them for tuning! It was a 550 dollar mistake!!! They kept my truck for about a week! I went there the day they had my truck on the dyno & while it was on the dyno I heard it missing but I just thought it was part of the tuning process! So after the 3 pulls I'm told I need bigger injector so I say ok! I get in my truck & leave & it's missing like son of bitchs! So I turn around & head back to the shop & tell them about it! And this is what I'm told! The whole time we had ur truck it had a miss! So y'all couldn't call me & tell me about it! I got mad & left! When I got home & checked my wires & number five spark plug wire was cut in two pieces! So to make a long story short! I payed 550 for a cut spark plug wire & to be told I needed bigger injectors!

I wouldn't bring my bicycle for them to tune it!
Scooter,

I am also sorry to hear you were not happy with our sevices. You have been by the shop several time since and have had ample opprtunity to speak with me about this. You knew the truck had a miss when you brought to me as it was one of your biggest complaints. It did stay at the shop a week because we were booked solid and your truck was not running well. I had explained to you the truck was still running weird before it went on the dyno. I told you the cause could possibly be an injector. We didn't do any of the install on your vehicle and you brought it us a for street/dyno tune, not to start a full diognostic on the vehicle. I told you what I thought based on the dyno graph and datalogs and yes a spark plug wire can cause similar symptoms. I was going based on what we see most often. I never looked at the motor to see the plug wire and assumed everything was installed correctly before it was dropped off with me. After you fixed this problem you could have brought the truck back at any time for me to complete the tune. If you would like to discuss this please do not hesitate to call me.

Thanks,

Shawn
Old 11-13-2010, 12:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm over it Shawn, lesson learned.. Y'all are good people & do great work.. I found my calling with my new tuner.. He knows his trucks, like y'all know the vette's & camaro's..
So enough said..
Btw I had a good time @ the dyno day..
Old 11-13-2010, 06:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Atomic
hptuners or efilive.

chances are whatever dyno you go to the operator (if hes the tuner also) uses one of them.
so the scanner can do gear lockout? can it also do convertyer lock/unlock? or do you need the tuning software to do this?? or does this need to be done by the tuner?
Old 11-13-2010, 07:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1TRUCKGUY
so the scanner can do gear lockout? can it also do convertyer lock/unlock? or do you need the tuning software to do this?? or does this need to be done by the tuner?
Idk about the scanner & other stuff. Charlie set my tow haul button to make dyno pulls. All I got to do is push the button run up to 3rd gear, hit 3000rpms & nail it. Does it in 2nd too.. Now I don't know about trying it both ways..
Old 11-13-2010, 08:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if i was you id blow that place up F them! for that amount man you shoulda just took a road trip to the see Charlie

as regards to the money spent on the tune hey thats the price ok whatever no problem. but if the truck is having problems your tuning software can ACTUALLY scan what the truck is doing. you could have seen that it had a miss and checked to see what the injectors are doing which i would think you would pay close attention to during your tuning service. just saying you could have told him about something other than "your truck runs weird and blah blah" like Scooter said..lesson learned no hard feelings. i feel if i take money from someone for a service i will do my best to do what is suppose to be done. if the truck is actting funny i will take it upon myself to look around the motor/tranny/rear end for a simple fix if possible. just saying you could have over looked the truck a little better other than how you treated it. no bad feelings toward you or bashing your business, i just think some business' do their best to earn money fast vs taking the time to go 1 step futher

Last edited by iamkeniff; 11-13-2010 at 08:09 PM.
Old 11-14-2010, 12:13 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Ragin Racin
I am sorry to hear you were not happy with our services. We do our best to make sure everyone leaves happy. At the end of the day I do run a business and charged you for a service that we provided. We did let you know about the charges upfront and you had the opportunity to leave and take it to another shop if you would have wanted to. I also offered the $100 back to you as a credit toward a future purchase as a courtesy to you. I don't think there are many shops that would do that. I am sorry to hear that you think it is it an unfavorable business practice for me to offer this to you. I did see you posted in a previous post that you wish you would have known about our dyno day.....this is the type of thing you would have been able to use the credit for.

Thanks,

Shawn
To be honest, I failed to ask what you would charge me for the crank relearn, but after reading that it only takes 5 minutes to do I assumed it would be $20 or so...I didn't know it was $100 until I had to pay for it. The reason I was chapped about it is because I could have gotten it done for free with Justin if I would have waited for the efi live cable.

You guys have an awesome shop and I did receive good service from you, just thought the price was steep but I guess you gotta pay to play. I do appreciate the $100 credit, no hard feelings...I haven't been buying much for the truck lately.

Keith
Old 11-14-2010, 12:15 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 374 Likes on 255 Posts

If they are using Hptuners then it is $100 to license a vehicle, assuming they are using a single vehicle license and not a shop license. So really, they did it at cost if thats the case.

Quick Reply: Wanting to make some new pulls!