Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

Horsepower Numbers

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2021, 03:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1,173 Likes on 893 Posts

Just boost it bro
The following users liked this post:
F5Sierra (09-07-2021)
Old 09-07-2021, 04:50 PM
Staging Lane

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by settlemoore
For your mods 260 as the wheels is correct, **** both of my cammed lq9 trucks dyno'd around 380whp going thru a 4l80e. These trucks don't really put out great dyno numbers n/a unless you do a max effort setup and those setups suck to drive.
Its always easy for me to justfy spending more money on my truck lol
Yup. Like I said. Probably one too many videos. Forgot to mention it's an 02. And, swapped to efan setup. Got a couple of small issues to take care of first. Then, the cam swap may be coming.
Old 09-07-2021, 04:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by shakenfake
Just boost it bro
Would be awesome. But, it's my daily driver. Not going for race truck. Just stout reliable daily runner.
Old 09-07-2021, 08:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 252 Likes on 164 Posts

Originally Posted by F5Sierra
So, supposedly they are 285 at the crank. In theory I should be around 256 at the wheels bone stock. So, with long tube headers, offroad y pipe, k&n drop in filter, and maxed out on tune for 87 octane with new long block. How in the world am I only getting 260 at the wheels??
The Wallace calculator does a 10% drivetrain loss as in a manual trans or possibly a 10spd auto. A 20% or more for a four speed with 4wd is normal. I think the 6-8 spds are maybe 15ish % on 2wd. So 228hp on 87 may be fairly accurate. Like said take it to the track and make your mods for the track and then just drive it daily and enjoy. What about gears and a mild converter for real world performance?
Old 09-07-2021, 08:07 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by ZO6Ted
The Wallace calculator does a 10% drivetrain loss as in a manual trans or possibly a 10spd auto. A 20% or more for a four speed with 4wd is normal. I think the 6-8 spds are maybe 15ish % on 2wd. So 228hp on 87 may be fairly accurate. Like said take it to the track and make your mods for the track and then just drive it daily and enjoy. What about gears and a mild converter for real world performance?
Already running 373 gears on factory height tire. They are a bit wider. But, stock height. Like I said, no problem with how it runs. Just that I was hoping for a little better numbers. Not ready to pull trans for new converter. Guess we do cam swap and tune. And, let'er ride.
Old 09-08-2021, 07:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by F5Sierra
Would be awesome. But, it's my daily driver. Not going for race truck. Just stout reliable daily runner.
This is always the excuse and it is one that makes zero sense. Also if it isn't a race truck why does HP matter?
You realize that a majority of vehicles on the road today are boosted correct? Looking at diesels and 4/6 cylinder vehicles. Now I do understand that without boost diesels would not actually run properly etc but they are still running boost and are doing it daily. There is a user on here that ran a stock 5.3 turbo'd for 10,000+ miles, I can't remember exactly but he had no issues. There is a build thread on here somewhere documenting it but it just goes to show that you can easily run boost on a daily.
Hell look at the guys daily driving any LSA or some of the newer SC'd GM cars. I don't think they have any issues.

In my opinion you need to take more time to look at boost and realize that it is a tool like anything else. Overdo it and yes you are going to have catastrophic failure but if you keep it within the limits of your vehicle it is going to surpass any engine mod you will ever do and do it for cheaper and with more efficiency.
zz454Chevelle67 (09-10-2021)
Old 09-08-2021, 06:13 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by shakenfake
This is always the excuse and it is one that makes zero sense. Also if it isn't a race truck why does HP matter?
You realize that a majority of vehicles on the road today are boosted correct? Looking at diesels and 4/6 cylinder vehicles. Now I do understand that without boost diesels would not actually run properly etc but they are still running boost and are doing it daily. There is a user on here that ran a stock 5.3 turbo'd for 10,000+ miles, I can't remember exactly but he had no issues. There is a build thread on here somewhere documenting it but it just goes to show that you can easily run boost on a daily.
Hell look at the guys daily driving any LSA or some of the newer SC'd GM cars. I don't think they have any issues.

In my opinion you need to take more time to look at boost and realize that it is a tool like anything else. Overdo it and yes you are going to have catastrophic failure but if you keep it within the limits of your vehicle it is going to surpass any engine mod you will ever do and do it for cheaper and with more efficiency.
I know, I know. I would love to throw a supercharger of some sort on it. I just can't justify the $$$ for my daily driver. Wasn't questioning reliability or driveability. I was looking at the dollar (ability)....
And, just because I don't race it. Don't mean I don't like to kick it in the a$$ occasionally passing some pokey dingbat on the highway.
Old 09-09-2021, 07:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 404 Likes on 318 Posts

I daily my built truck and drive my stock one to take my boy to school and pull my boats and go on road trips. The daily is the best spent money, you enjoy it daily. Lol. Instead of it sitting in a trailer or a shop gathering dust...
The following 2 users liked this post by smokinlmm:
dantheman1540 (09-10-2021), Silver-ado (02-10-2022)
Old 09-09-2021, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Man speaks only in factsese
F5Sierra (09-10-2021)
Old 09-10-2021, 06:55 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by smokinlmm
I daily my built truck and drive my stock one to take my boy to school and pull my boats and go on road trips. The daily is the best spent money, you enjoy it daily. Lol. Instead of it sitting in a trailer or a shop gathering dust...
Mine is my only set of wheels. So, it has to be up and ready to go pretty much all the time. Any modifications have to be something I can get done on days off. That's not 100% true. I do have the harley in the garage. And, love to break it out. But, between work, weather, and projects both truck and home it hasn't been out much this year.

Quick Reply: Horsepower Numbers