Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Graphs | Power Comparisons | Dyno Truck List

FAST LSXRT Dyno Results on a 5.3L

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2010, 08:22 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Frito Bandito
It's not that simple, this isn't a stock engine. Plus maybe I want to see torque gains on the low end and midrange. It's not as simple as adding the power gains a stock engine would see.

Oh, and eat a dick.
The personal attack is 100% uncalled for. Moving on...

The point your still not getting is that you dont NEED "exact data" to get the picture. You can get the general idea without the test having to be done, although it is nice. But every request costs someone money, everyone of forums these days demand dyno testing on everything in every combination for free. You need to be able to look at the data avaliable and make desicions based off it and be able to take an educated guess at what is left on the table. Itll get you in the ballpark everytime if you do any type of research.
Old 06-23-2010, 08:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any time you can pick up "free" power as I call it you can't beat it. By "free" i don't mean price, but I do mean in drivability loss. At work I regularly see people spend over 1k for mods to only gain 20RWHP. My personal truck gained 35RWHP from a set of Pacesetter long tubes. There was no loss in drivability of the truck at all which means I didn't have to go to a larger cam choice to get that 35RWHP, I did it by improving airflow. If I did an intake such as this one I'd be likely another 20RWHP. Think about adding 55RWHP to your setup as an example and have no loss in drivability. I'm happy to see a test like this. I'm betting the Fast will soon come around as a big bolt on to have. I'm all for small cams with a good intake, cylinder head, and exhaust setup and this is only going to be a benefit to that idea.
Old 06-23-2010, 09:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really don't understand people that constantly feel the need to bring negativity to a good thread like this. Are you so pissed off at the world that you feel the need to crap on everyone else to try and bring them down to your level? Seriously bang your head against a wall till you loose consciousness and save the rest of us from having to read your not needed nor welcomed opinions......

With that being said, to the O.P. Great thread and thank you for the taking the time to show us your results from the comparison. These are the threads I like reading. It helps take some of the guess work out and shows that with the addition of a cam, heads, long tubes, and tune that this intake will really shine over the factory setup. Major props!!
Old 10-01-2010, 03:11 AM
TECH Apprentice

is the 2004 fbw throttle body the same size, mean will it work with this intake or will i need a bigger one?
Old 10-01-2010, 06:20 AM
TECH Addict

I want to see the torque you lost....
Old 10-01-2010, 07:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

post #15
Old 10-01-2010, 10:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by tiffo60
I really don't understand people that constantly feel the need to bring negativity to a good thread like this. Are you so pissed off at the world that you feel the need to crap on everyone else to try and bring them down to your level? Seriously bang your head against a wall till you loose consciousness and save the rest of us from having to read your not needed nor welcomed opinions......

With that being said, to the O.P. Great thread and thank you for the taking the time to show us your results from the comparison. These are the threads I like reading. It helps take some of the guess work out and shows that with the addition of a cam, heads, long tubes, and tune that this intake will really shine over the factory setup. Major props!!
yea a bunch of dumass people on here. this was just a basic test. try bolting on a set of TFS heads on a bone stock motor see if you gain 50rwhp like it says! this intake has potential to gain 30-45rwhp with a heavily modded Heads and cam 5.3-6.0's. if you dont have the money to buy one then shut your mouth.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:10 AM

Received 222 Likes on 148 Posts

i would love to trade up from my ported fast 90 to an untouched 102. any buyers? lol

everyone gets too damn hyped up about dyno numbers. 3 years ago, my truck only mustered 390 hp. now days the dyno shows 440+...but guess what. my times are no better than back in the day with 390 lol. dyno is a tuning tool. this thread shows exactly what the intake did for the power. no tuning required. will the truck run faster? thats what the track is for...
Old 10-01-2010, 11:21 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
everyone gets too damn hyped up about dyno numbers. 3 years ago, my truck only mustered 390 hp. now days the dyno shows 440+...but guess what. my times are no better than back in the day with 390 lol. dyno is a tuning tool. this thread shows exactly what the intake did for the power. no tuning required. will the truck run faster? thats what the track is for...
well said....
Old 10-01-2010, 12:16 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
i would love to trade up from my ported fast 90 to an untouched 102. any buyers? lol

50 horsepower and no gain? I bet with gears and converter to match your new powerband you'd see a pretty healthy gain.

Quick Reply: FAST LSXRT Dyno Results on a 5.3L