Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Vortec Max @ the strip

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are entirely too many variables to seriously argue over what 'such and such truck should run but didn't run' or 'there is no way that truck ran that because I have never seen one that fast'. The only tell-tale comparison is comparing two trucks that ran on the same night at the same place.
Old 09-28-2006, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Toe

rc/sb hemi's have proven to run 15.1 to 14.7 stock, depending on configuration.
I have yet to see a scsb hemi run better than a 15.7 stock. There were 2 QC 4x4.

1 had CAI,Superchips,exhaust,headers, and injectors. Ran a 15.0x and the other had CAI, superchips, and exhaust and ran a 15.2x on 20s.

A 2wd QC daytona that is local here ran a 15.08 with CAI, superchips, and exhaust.

AWD SS same night went 14.39 with CAI, Nelson tune, and corsa exhaust.

This was the same night me and my little bro (06vortecmax) went.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Toe
Says your bro couldnt run thoses times also stock for stock the hemi RCSB will beat an VHO,this was on the DTW which I was kicked off of trying to defend a couple of points one of which were your bros times,the one major point I got into a pissing contest with was one dipshit said the dodge 1/2ton will out tow and chev 1/2 ton. I posted the stats GM will tow 10.4K.I was still wrong.Proof means nothing to thoses idiots.Truth means nothing to those morons

Last edited by gonzo 6.2; 09-28-2006 at 09:39 PM.
Old 09-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Toe
TECH Regular

Your right, the Chevy is rated for more towing. I am sure the dodge could tow it too, but it's not rated for it, brakes are probably not up to the challenge. Dodge doesn't usually mix up 3/4ton parts into half ton trucks. Leave the heavy towing to the 3/4ton's and above. Looking at the differences between the two, there is a lot of them, springs, brakes, frame, rear diff, drive axles are all much beefer. Generally I wouldn't want to tow anything over 5-6000lb's in a half ton truck. Same thing for the Titan, it can tow 9000pounds too, but I sure wouldn't do it on a regular basis. I hope the V-max has an upgraded suspension and brakes to handle it.

I am not going to defend those that a stretching the truth, being a fanatic. Just keep in mind to a lot of us level headed people over there, you represent the fanatic on the Chevy side. I just simply state what I see.

I am not going to lie about that V-max that I saw run 15.8. When I saw him line up against my buddy in the 3/4 ton hemi with mods, I thought to myself, "this should be good, Gonzo hypes these trucks up a lot, lets see what it actually does." I didn't see anything that says they are a world faster then a stock hemi.

I am waiting to see a fast new gen chevy at my local track, there are none in northern Canada, lots of Dodges and lots of Fords, but new Chevys seem to be rare. I almost got to race a 2003 rc/sb 4x4 with boost gauges on the his pillar, but we got rained out. Weight between me and him would be about the same, he was on aftermarket 20's making it even more equal. He would get the edge on the launch being a 4x4. Hope he comes out tomorrow night, I want to see what he can do.

I like fast trucks, it doesn't matter the make. I chose a Dodge because we are the underdog, the least aftermarket suport, and the most to prove, especially with the hemi. It's nice to have something a little different then the many fast chevy and ford trucks out there.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:47 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Toe
Your right, the Chevy is rated for more towing. I am sure the dodge could tow it too, but it's not rated for it, brakes are probably not up to the challenge. Dodge doesn't usually mix up 3/4ton parts into half ton trucks. Leave the heavy towing to the 3/4ton's and above. Looking at the differences between the two, there is a lot of them, springs, brakes, frame, rear diff, drive axles are all much beefer. Generally I wouldn't want to tow anything over 5-6000lb's in a half ton truck. Same thing for the Titan, it can tow 9000pounds too, but I sure wouldn't do it on a regular basis. I hope the V-max has an upgraded suspension and brakes to handle it.

I am not going to defend those that a stretching the truth, being a fanatic. Just keep in mind to a lot of us level headed people over there, you represent the fanatic on the Chevy side. I just simply state what I see.

I am not going to lie about that V-max that I saw run 15.8. When I saw him line up against my buddy in the 3/4 ton hemi with mods, I thought to myself, "this should be good, Gonzo hypes these trucks up a lot, lets see what it actually does." I didn't see anything that says they are a world faster then a stock hemi.

I am waiting to see a fast new gen chevy at my local track, there are none in northern Canada, lots of Dodges and lots of Fords, but new Chevys seem to be rare. I almost got to race a 2003 rc/sb 4x4 with boost gauges on the his pillar, but we got rained out. Weight between me and him would be about the same, he was on aftermarket 20's making it even more equal. He would get the edge on the launch being a 4x4. Hope he comes out tomorrow night, I want to see what he can do.

I like fast trucks, it doesn't matter the make. I chose a Dodge because we are the underdog, the least aftermarket suport, and the most to prove, especially with the hemi. It's nice to have something a little different then the many fast chevy and ford trucks out there.

Yes it does tow more,it would have been nice had you said that over on the DTW forum,same with Desteny,you two guys from here could have tossed me a bone but would rather watch me sink.Wouldnt want to be in a fox hole with either,if I didnt have a hemi I would be fucked.I do tow a lot of weight with a 1/2 ton,sometimes near max,its not a problem.A lot of people think they need a 3/4 ton when they dont,that goes for all makes.I am the GM fanatic going over there?. Tell me a claim or two made that you believe is faulse?I hype up these trucks? I told what I believe is the truth 06vortecmax did what he claimed and I know you dont believe it because you could have mentioned that you knew of the claim on this board.You are glad I am gone from there it was obviouse.There was some members there that enjoyed a debate and
Old 09-29-2006, 12:09 AM
Teching In

I will be going to the track again next weekend which is Sunday the 8th. I will be going on stock 17 inch wheels. My truck is still stock and I now have 1100 miles on the odometer. I will have video and pictures so we'll see how it runs next week.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Toe
Thats what I thought when I saw that QC 2wd Daytona. 15.08 with CAI, superchips, and exhaust ( stock borla on a daytona?) 345HP like the VHO and I would say more than a couple tenths behind
Old 09-29-2006, 01:16 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 06vortecmax
I will be going to the track again next weekend which is Sunday the 8th. I will be going on stock 17 inch wheels. My truck is still stock and I now have 1100 miles on the odometer. I will have video and pictures so we'll see how it runs next week.

Maybe you have an exceptional running VHO maybe they just run better in 06 i bet you drop your time by .3 w/17s and good air.If i had your time slip and Vid and went to DTW and linked it there for proof I would have been ridiculed,call a liar and Toe would still not say a word.While enjoying all the harsh criticizim.

Hey max bros,vid a hemi if you get a chance.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Addict

I have a couple hemi vids of our last outing Gonzo. I will post it up after work.
Old 09-29-2006, 03:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Toe
Youve been on the board today,are you willing to respond to my questions?

Quick Reply: Vortec Max @ the strip