Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Track times STS vs front mount

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2007, 09:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by slowec
Traitor!!! J/k
get that thing back to the same track when cooler weather comes .
I want hard proof.
Congrates on a sweet build.
Haha, I told you I was workin on something.
Old 07-30-2007, 10:44 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok, I guess that makes sense. I think the whole gauge and WG thing has to do with the fact that the WG is referenced to the atmosphere too, so even the WG is at the mercy of the thin air. Damn! I think it's time I take a trip up (down in elev.) to Speedworld on a cold (below 90*) night.

The thing that really chaps my arsse is diesel guys not being affected by altitude. It must be becuase their fuel carries more oxygen in it than gas.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla
Ok, I guess that makes sense. I think the whole gauge and WG thing has to do with the fact that the WG is referenced to the atmosphere too, so even the WG is at the mercy of the thin air. Damn! I think it's time I take a trip up (down in elev.) to Speedworld on a cold (below 90*) night.

The thing that really chaps my arsse is diesel guys not being affected by altitude. It must be becuase their fuel carries more oxygen in it than gas.
Diesel are affected by altitude too. My dad has a Dmax and it runs much stronger at sea level then it does here. There not affected as much, because there power is fuel dependent, They inject the same amount of fuel, but the turbo spins faster to make up for the difference in air pressure, but there is still efficiency losses, that can't be made up.
Old 07-30-2007, 11:54 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems the diesel guys here are right on par with times throughout the country, maybe a tad slower (.2-.3). But N/A are 1-1.2 sec slower, and FI are about .5-.75 sec slower. Some has to do with track prep, but diesels do have the upper hand when it comes to elevation.

So any chance you'll be coming down to have a go with the front mount in AZ. What's the EC 4.8L record these days? Didn't crazycutter do a 12.3 or 12.4 or something at like 110?
Old 07-30-2007, 01:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Ya, I'm hopin to be down there this fall/winter. Crazycutter is something like that, but i think he's got a 50 shot of N02 and he's 2wd. I'm packin the extra 500lbs or so of 4x4 crap,
Old 07-31-2007, 10:50 PM
GFYS and STFU

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vanillagorilla

Well...I'm gonna make you a rich man if you so choose.
Invent a WG that is not dependant on atmosperic pressure but rather O2 content. That way elevation will not have any effect whatsoever on performance. Actually it would probably help perfromance because there is less drag up at that altitude than there is at sea-level...or just up your psi 2-4 psi then you'll be doing the same thing but putting more stress on your charge pipes.