Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Track Times With Gm Performance Parts On SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 09:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CRAZYCUTER4.8
Shift points are @ 6800 1st & 6500 2nd. @ 27 degrees of timing no detonation with 114. on pump gas 17 degrees no detonation @ 12.5 afr.

No joke we just got 19.8 average economy on I-20 on a trip to shreveport.
What speeds? Was this with all of the mods that were listed above(nothings been changed since the last post) What octane was the fuel in the tank? All 91 octane or was there still some 114 in there too? Just want to get the specifics because that's incredible with a 6.0, 4.10's, and some 20's! Excellent job.
Old 04-04-2007, 08:45 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by yurs78
What speeds? Was this with all of the mods that were listed above(nothings been changed since the last post) What octane was the fuel in the tank? All 91 octane or was there still some 114 in there too? Just want to get the specifics because that's incredible with a 6.0, 4.10's, and some 20's! Excellent job.
I posted the speeds in the first post. It was with all the mods listed in the post. we had maybe a gallon of 93 octane in the gas tank when we put in another 8 gallons of 114.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What year SSS is that?
Old 04-04-2007, 09:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by zippy
What year SSS is that?

2004 with 72k
Old 04-04-2007, 09:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by CRAZYCUTER4.8
I posted the speeds in the first post. It was with all the mods listed in the post. we had maybe a gallon of 93 octane in the gas tank when we put in another 8 gallons of 114.
Sorry for the confusion, I meant what hwy speeds were you traveling? And how many miles total did you drive for this average, and was there much stop and go or was it a consistent speed. Stuff like that, sorry for all the questions but I can get about 15 mpg when I baby it but for all around driving it's about 11 mpg at best. I'm just trying to figure out what you did to know what kind of mpg you posted, the best case or the real world figure.
Have a great day,
Russ
Old 04-04-2007, 03:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by yurs78
Sorry for the confusion, I meant what hwy speeds were you traveling? And how many miles total did you drive for this average, and was there much stop and go or was it a consistent speed. Stuff like that, sorry for all the questions but I can get about 15 mpg when I baby it but for all around driving it's about 11 mpg at best. I'm just trying to figure out what you did to know what kind of mpg you posted, the best case or the real world figure.
Have a great day,
Russ
Ok, Here you go:
  • round trip was 140 miles
  • lean cruise enable speed is 46 mph
  • set timing to 38 degrees on the airflow correlated with maf table in the actual cruise range

all interstate driving conditions. fuel economy went up 2mpg after the head install & headers.
Old 04-04-2007, 09:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Excellent thank you!!
Old 04-05-2007, 07:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z06 DREAMING
, way more than me

11-14 for me...and I am cool with that!
Old 04-05-2007, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

It may not make sense to many people why I obsess so much over economy but it matters. I had the same set as now only in a rclb (6.0, 4L80E) but it had 3.73 gears and weighed about 400-500 lbs less than my quad steer cc. That old truck averaged 14mpg in the city (normal pounding) and got 17.8mpg on the highway. This was stock with no tune. That means there was 2-3 more mpg left on the table, minimum! Those numbers are as good as a diesel, and the fuel is $.30 to the gallon cheaper. Oh and by the way I paid $15,000 for the truck with 20,000 miles on it. When you do the math I spent half the money vs. buying a comporable diesel, and was still making money because my gas was cheaper.

I think it's great to have your fun and enjoy the mods but if you are daily driving your vehicle I really feel a great responsibility to conserve our resources. If everyone had a way to average 20mpg with their trucks just think what it would do to the price of gas, then apply that relationship to the average car. That would get about 45mpg lets say, then what would happen to the price of crude oil. How much money would you have if you only filled up half as often or even less than that? You money doesn't need to go into the pocket of some billionaire who never needs to make another penny for the rest of their lives. To them it's a game, to you it's food on the table.

The hearings that were held by congress with the CEO's of the oil companies after hurricane Katrina, to determine if their actions were justified. The oil companies MADE RECORD PROFITS when the gas prices soared above $3.00 a gallon, AND THEY DID USING LESS PRODUCT!!!!! I have never heard anyone complain about this to this day. Nobody even thinks becasue we are all thoughtless sheep. They made record profits with less product. They had less product becuause of the Hurricane. Wouldn't you normally expect a loss if you didn't have the normal supply? And after raising the price of gas so high, wouldn't you think that at best they should have broke even at best for the year. Nope, they made more money in the history of oil and not one person cares.

I'm not attacking anyone who gets poor gas milage to hurt them, but I am trying make you aware. I'm just trying to do my best for my little girl. When I think about the mess that we are leaving behind for them to try and fix it makes me sick. The hardest choice is almost always the right one.
Russ

Done with the hijack sorry, delete the post if it offends.

Last edited by yurs78; 04-05-2007 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-12-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Have you had any more time to do some tests and try some more bolt on pieces? I'm really interested to hear any and all results that you come up with. Especially the L92/L76 stuff.
Thanks for all the info so far. Very helpful.
Russ

Quick Reply: Track Times With Gm Performance Parts On SS