Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

New personal best!! Hello 11's!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Trucker cam!!!!!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:26 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Damn that cam Performs!!! It almost has me second guessing my choice to sell it in favor of a custom grind...

Its going to be really interesting to see where Tim Z comes in with a similar truck but a 6.0 and a TVS. Of course the comparison is never apples to apples, and Roger has a much better set of headers (I may be biased!!! ), but its close enough. Tim you gotta get to the track!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71

[4751205]I'm still dialing in the tune after the throttle body upgrades. Traction was totally crap tonight. I've never spun so hard in 4x4...... On that run, I feathered the throttle until 2nd gear, then went WOT. On my other runs, I was tap dancing on the throttle.... It's been raining here for almost 2 weeks straight. It stopped raining this morning, and held off just long enough to open the track.

I honestly think it my current setup has a 11.6x in it.
I see u hit 1.7 on that record run, but didn't u have some 1.6s last outing, Roger?

Originally Posted by stock48
That's down in the 11's good too not just a scraper. ... Makes me wish I had built something like that rather than fighting with these junk pos duramaxes I've been messing with.. Got one down now with 3500$ worth of injectors on backorder...
I thought he got down pretty well in 11's too, not just skimmed under 12.0. I knew he'd get it next time he went. stock48 I thought u had "somethin like that built? $3500 for Duramax injectors?!? That's

Better come w/. ...ahem, extras. For that much.

Thanks! It's just a little MP112 with a 92mm FAST throttle body and a 2.8 6 groove pulley. Giving me 11 psi.

For weight reduction, I pulled the hitch, tailgate, skid plates, back seat, and subwoofers. Temps were 59* F.

... I'm gonna make sure the "big boy cars" are racing next time I go, so there might be some track prep. I need traction!

A record? Holy ****, never occurred to me. I've just been trying to better my own times, but now you've got the gears turning in my brain.....

Is there a "record" for a boost only MP112? Give me a new goal!

...Temp was 59*, Baro pressure was 30 inches hg, relative humidity was 67%, and DA was 57 feet. All according to the calculator on dragtimes.

That sounds like alot of work! I'm not sure how much more my little 5.3 can take, it's got 150K on it already... ...
I thought u were 12# ?
I never thought of that; go when big boys do, track prep.

Don't get greedy now.

Way to go Roger!!!

Cody, my guess he's going that fast w/. no meth jdue to the trucker cam. Just look at the red, that weather was sweet. That, the cam, & the whole combo.

And whoever said, "Tim you gotta get to the track!", I told the dickbag the same thing!
Old 08-11-2011, 04:58 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The cam isnt going to keep his IATs down, thats what Im getting at. How is he trapping so high(for a radix) with no meth. I dont doubt the cam is good, Im not a fan of the gt2-3 Im running right now.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Mod with training wheels

Received 202 Likes on 138 Posts

I think Bill was high 11s without the nitrous, like 11.7-8. Knocking on the door of a record here! Good to see that blower doing work Congrats on the new best.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:05 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
The cam isnt going to keep his IATs down, thats what Im getting at. How is he trapping so high(for a radix) with no meth. I dont doubt the cam is good, Im not a fan of the gt2-3 Im running right now.
yeh...I wanna see a damn scan of a run. Your IAT's have to be screaming at the 1000' with a 5.3 on a small pulley. Jesus I didn't even think about that. 59* outside temp is very very helpful for sure. What's the altitude at that track?
Old 08-11-2011, 05:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
My bad. Send that GT2-3 to me, cause I'm a nice guy.

Originally Posted by smokeshow
I think Bill was high 11s without the nitrous, like 11.7-8. Knocking on the door of a record here! Good to see that blower doing work ...
Jake, sounds bout right.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:28 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The trucker cam comment was just in fun guys.

IAT's are hitting 180* at the end of the run. I played with fire & zero'd my IAT table, and let the knock sensors do their job. Say what you want, I've been doing this for 2 years without problems. Besides, if I blow the sumbitch up, I get to do a new build. In fact, last night Tonya told be to build it, cage it, and go for 10's. God I love that woman!

Track altitude is 75' above sea level.

Tom, with stock manifolds & cats, and a 3.0 pulley, I had 12#'s.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:09 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss

Its going to be really interesting to see where Tim Z comes in with a similar truck but a 6.0 and a TVS. Of course the comparison is never apples to apples, and Roger has a much better set of headers (I may be biased!!! ), but its close enough. Tim you gotta get to the track!
Yep, Roger Def has better headers for sure.
Im goin tomorrow night, hope i can get some cool temps. I left some timing on the table, dont wanna max it out till i see what she does in cool weather.

IAT's are hitting 180* at the end of the run. I
Thats what my IATs were at end of my dyno pull in 90* air.

Send some of that 59* temps my way bud.

Wilde is right about blowers, they dont like heat and pull timing when they get hot but i still love mine.

BTW Roger, whats in your HEX tank for coolant?

I just emptied the water/antifreeze mix and put a bottle of waterwetter with distilled water.

Its been proven to run 10* cooler than antifreeze/water mix. Every bit helps.
Old 08-11-2011, 06:25 PM
11 Second Hall Moniter

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I use Redline Water Wetter, with 25% dex-cool/75% water. I have an oversize home-brewed tank, and I put 4 frozen water bottles in the tank before each run.

Ambient temps have never affected my IAT's. No matter how hot or cold it is outside, they've always been around 180 at the end of the run. With the ice, they don't climb as fast though. 170* to 180* is the last 2.5 seconds of the run, and when I pull the ice bottles out, they are still partially frozen. My ice bottle method has worked well for me.

Of course, if you adopt my methods, please do so at your own risk.

Quick Reply: New personal best!! Hello 11's!!