Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

new best with my NEW setup

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2011, 02:57 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1slow01Z71
Txsilverado went mid 13s on stock heads/cam in his truck, atleast youre happy.
id like to see the thread on this too...my 2001 set up wouldnt get out of the 14.6s with 5.3/60e LTs/ORy, Blackbear tune, CAI, magnaflow muffler, 0 TM, DRs, stock converter, 3:42s, full weight. bc if i can have a stock motor/trans with a converter/a little gear run 13.8s all day long then ill sell my truck for an ecsb with a stock setup.
Old 11-17-2011, 04:43 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by grey matter 04
thats hard for me to believe a basically bolt-on xcab truck with a factory 25-2800 stall on 373s runs faster than 13.8 with no nitrous stock head and stock truck cam

Got any proof of this? thread?
Couldnt find a specific thread he made on it, only found a post where he said eh ran a 13.8. So he matched your time on a stock cam and heads with just bolt ons. Here is another thread you might find interesting, ecsb running a 224 cam, bolts ons, same size converter, stock longblock and is a second quicker and 4mph faster way back in 07.
https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...-5-3-a-407538/
If you really want to know Stewart's setup back then, shoot him a PM but he was running a tb converter, 3.73s and full bolts with a completely stock longblock.
Originally Posted by A Low Dime
It seems you make a comment explaining how you like you setup and the way it runs, then Cody comes in here with what seems to be a comment just to undermine yours, then says, but if you like it, thats cool......and then does it again.
Its obvious hes happy with his setup but he likes to tell everyone how great the ls6 cam and 243 head setup is when its not compared to what other people have done with less parts and less money. Its not my truck so I dont give a **** but with him trying to act like hes doing something thats never been done is funny, it was just done so long ago most werent around when it happened
Originally Posted by iamkeniff
id like to see the thread on this too...my 2001 set up wouldnt get out of the 14.6s with 5.3/60e LTs/ORy, Blackbear tune, CAI, magnaflow muffler, 0 TM, DRs, stock converter, 3:42s, full weight. bc if i can have a stock motor/trans with a converter/a little gear run 13.8s all day long then ill sell my truck for an ecsb with a stock setup.
I dont know what to tell you other than the stock converter and 3.42s really suck out of the hole. I bet with a little bigger converter and some 4.10s it wouldve been in the 13s pretty dang easy. Stewart wasnt the only one back in the day to have a 13 second ECSB with a stock longblock. Andrenalinep went high 13s on a stock cam and very low 13s(IIRC 13.2s) on an LS6 cam.

Of course both of those trucks are from Texas and even tuned in Texas so they dont count
Old 11-17-2011, 05:38 PM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While we at it explain why your so butt hurt?
acting like i am doing something that has never been done before??
People always ask and wanna know how a LS6 cam will run N/A i did it and posted it for others to see.
Its not like i am trying to claim some stupid record like others, i could careless..fastest grey o4 stock parts on 17s ...WHO CARES NOT ME!
I know all about adrenalinep setup not telling me anything new!..not every one likes a big cam tr224 n loose fuddle 3000 stall for a DD
And the trucks mentioned had more bolt-ons and mods than me...i been over those threads a year ago

ET comes with stall n gear which i have a tight tt3000 stall on stock 3.42 gears

It seems like you always need to win so congrats you the contest!
If all you gonna do is talk trash and bash your more than welcome not to comment on any of my posts you dont agree with.You have an answer for everything and that is mine!

YOUR A MOD ?? seems like you would set a better example than what you do
20k post is see why all useless posts... pic n bash n trash

Last edited by grey matter 04; 11-17-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:03 PM

Figured you hadnt done your research since you didnt know about Txsilverados times. Youre full bolt on, theyre full bolt on, I dont see the difference other than your rear gear. You always seem to cmment about how good your LS6 cam runs yet trucks with stock cam/heads run the same or better times, I was just providing proof. Its obvious we have a different outlook but my name color doesnt absolve me of my opinion. Ill leave your threads alone and let you live in your own little world. Thankfully many other people dont feel the same about the majority of my posts as you do.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:21 PM
Trucks Sponsor

I dont know what to tell you other than the stock converter and 3.42s really suck out of the hole.
They sure do!
Old 11-17-2011, 06:53 PM

1slowZ71: i was just stiring the pot with texas trucks are faster if tuned and owned by texans truth is i am from texas but ive lived in lousiana for 13yrs.

Anyways, id like to see the trucks listed side by side at the track on the same day and compare slips or hell even do a grudge match then take it to the street for those races that need to be settled from a 30 punch
Old 11-17-2011, 07:10 PM

Oh I know you were, thus the at the end. Sadly the comparison cant be made anymore as the 5.3 of Stewart's is now in a turbo rcsb up here in Austin and the adrenaline guy hasnt been on in forever. Grey's truck would be good from a roll with those gears and better flowing heads.

I guess why I dont like the LS6 cam/243 head setup is I basically have the same thing in my truck with an LQ4, 317s(same port as a 243) and a gt2-3 cam(glorified LS6 cam), which his 5.3 with milled 243s has damn near the same compression as my stock LQ4 and I think its a dog for what it is. It may be a low 14 second truck or really high 13. These wide lsa cams flatten out so much in the midrange it feels like and then they die off early. I shift at 6300 1-2 and thats dragging it out a bit more to help with the crappy gear ratio differential.
Old 11-17-2011, 07:19 PM

Ah i didnt know your truck was cammed :face palm:

His truck is tame which is what he likes, but he is right about everyone always asking what a z06 cam will do N/A with no gear/or lose converter. I like his mph with the baby cam plus being on a heavier set of wheels vs the centerlines he was on with his 212/218 (i was there when he ran that 13.8)

Either way his combo is the combo to beat bc its cheap and easy on the DD side of things!
Old 11-17-2011, 07:51 PM

Yep, its a slow *** truck built with a converter for a blower, and a cam for a blower without a blower
Old 11-17-2011, 10:18 PM
13 Second Truck Club

I guess why I dont like the LS6 cam/243 head setup is I basically have the same thing in my truck with an LQ4, 317s(same port as a 243) and a gt2-3 cam(glorified LS6 cam).These wide lsa cams flatten out so much in the midrange it feels like and then they die off early. I shift at 6300 1-2 and thats dragging it out a bit more to help with the crappy gear ratio differential.
well this explains alot of the hate towards the setup!
You know every truck runs different even with the same parts.
I dont have an issue of it falling off pulls to 6700 in my 5.3

Quick Reply: new best with my NEW setup