Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

need suggestions for a front tire for my new bogart wheels..

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2012, 10:45 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need suggestions for a front tire for my new bogart wheels..

Well I am having Bogart racing wheels custom make me a set of one off racing wheels for my turbo'ed nissan titan. I have to run a 17" rim up front because i am currently running the 08' titan brake caliper and rotors up front. Rich measured them him self on a 08 titan at his shop and assured me these would fit perfect..

For the front I'll be running a 17x5 wheel
on the rear i'm going with a 16x10 rim which i already know which size slick i'm going to be using.. I just need something for up front that will safely mount on a 17x5 rim and support the weight of the front of my vehicle..

Need a load rating of atleast 1375lbs per tire and needs to be 26-27" tall
can anyone help??
Old 01-19-2012, 06:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Toomnymods
Well I am having Bogart racing wheels custom make me a set of one off racing wheels for my turbo'ed nissan titan. I have to run a 17" rim up front because i am currently running the 08' titan brake caliper and rotors up front. Rich measured them him self on a 08 titan at his shop and assured me these would fit perfect..

For the front I'll be running a 17x5 wheel
on the rear i'm going with a 16x10 rim which i already know which size slick i'm going to be using.. I just need something for up front that will safely mount on a 17x5 rim and support the weight of the front of my vehicle..

Need a load rating of atleast 1375lbs per tire and needs to be 26-27" tall
can anyone help??
I'm not positive but I think the m&h 17"x 4.5 tire will work fine on the 5" rim. I run them on the front of my Silverado..2 years now, on Colorado steel spares and I think they are 5" x 16".
Old 01-19-2012, 07:57 AM
12 Second Truck Club

that'd be awesome was hoping i wouldnt have to run a street tire.. anyone know if the load rating would be safe for a full size truck weighing 4870 on race days??

which would work better in ur opinion??

http://www.jegs.com/i/M-H/676/MSS-02...oductId=752031

or

http://www.jegs.com/i/M-H/676/ROD-11...oductId=754450

Last edited by Toomnymods; 01-19-2012 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-19-2012, 09:35 AM
TECH Addict

I run the first one you posted (Bias ply) on my Z and my Truck. Both sets smooth as glass over 100 mph
Old 01-19-2012, 05:01 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by pittman
I run the first one you posted (Bias ply) on my Z and my Truck. Both sets smooth as glass over 100 mph
awesome man, cant wait to see how much e.t. i drop from all these mods i'm doing.. I'm doing about 10k worth of mods which should get me deep into the 11's

1) snow performance stage 2 water/meth kit is installed
2) using light weight wheels compared to stock rims up front and stock tires..
lol 86lbs a wheel/tire going down to probably 25-30lbs should make a huge e.t. diffrence im hoping. on the back im only dropping 10lbs per tire/wheel combo so might gain a little here but not as much as front.. old setup was about 46lbs with rim and slick/tube.. this setup should be in the low 30's i assume..
3) installed a checkvalve in the tube leading to brake booster so i do not pressurize break booster with boost while staging causing me to lose brake pressure, already tried i can get 3-5psi launches easily now while not losing brake pressure, this also should help me drop 2/10ths off my e.t. and get me better than my old 1.80 60' since i have a 3400 stall
4) installed csf dual core racing radiator to keep trans temps and engine temps under control.. this was a major concern after getting boosted cause engine temps would stay above 200+ constantly because of my undersized stock oem plastic radiator
5) installed a a/w resevoir in bed of my truck that hold another 4 gallons of water, will try dropping ice in there for track days this will drop those IAT's along with the meth.. should be good for a easy extra 20hp hopefully
6) weight reduction i've been going over my truck with a fine tooth comb, and so far have managed to drop another 60-70lbs off the truck of junk that isnt needed,lol trying to get race weight down to 4,500lbs.. right now it should be around 4,700-4,750
6) lastly will be a fully built 4L80E from jakes performance with trans brake..
this should be a whole lotta fun launching on a trans brake with 3-5psi long as it tracks straight and doesnt put me into the wall..lol
7) last but not least i'm getting retuned for the meth and going to run 10psi on race days which hopefully should push me up to around 530hp/520tq..

what do you guys think?? think this will be enuff to run 11.7's@114-115 in the winter/fall if i ran a 12.3@109 in july with no boost off the line and shitty 60'
Old 01-19-2012, 06:27 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Toomnymods
awesome man, cant wait to see how much e.t. i drop from all these mods i'm doing.. I'm doing about 10k worth of mods which should get me deep into the 11's

1) snow performance stage 2 water/meth kit is installed
2) using light weight wheels compared to stock rims up front and stock tires..
lol 86lbs a wheel/tire going down to probably 25-30lbs should make a huge e.t. diffrence im hoping. on the back im only dropping 10lbs per tire/wheel combo so might gain a little here but not as much as front.. old setup was about 46lbs with rim and slick/tube.. this setup should be in the low 30's i assume..
3) installed a checkvalve in the tube leading to brake booster so i do not pressurize break booster with boost while staging causing me to lose brake pressure, already tried i can get 3-5psi launches easily now while not losing brake pressure, this also should help me drop 2/10ths off my e.t. and get me better than my old 1.80 60' since i have a 3400 stall
4) installed csf dual core racing radiator to keep trans temps and engine temps under control.. this was a major concern after getting boosted cause engine temps would stay above 200+ constantly because of my undersized stock oem plastic radiator
5) installed a a/w resevoir in bed of my truck that hold another 4 gallons of water, will try dropping ice in there for track days this will drop those IAT's along with the meth.. should be good for a easy extra 20hp hopefully
6) weight reduction i've been going over my truck with a fine tooth comb, and so far have managed to drop another 60-70lbs off the truck of junk that isnt needed,lol trying to get race weight down to 4,500lbs.. right now it should be around 4,700-4,750
6) lastly will be a fully built 4L80E from jakes performance with trans brake..
this should be a whole lotta fun launching on a trans brake with 3-5psi long as it tracks straight and doesnt put me into the wall..lol
7) last but not least i'm getting retuned for the meth and going to run 10psi on race days which hopefully should push me up to around 530hp/520tq..

what do you guys think?? think this will be enuff to run 11.7's@114-115 in the winter/fall if i ran a 12.3@109 in july with no boost off the line and shitty 60'
Sounds good to me, all the detail adds up. Get back out there while the air is good.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:51 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Can't wait to see them on your truck!
Old 01-20-2012, 09:59 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All the work should get you what your wanting, provided traction is there. Is 10lbs the max limit on your setup?
Old 01-20-2012, 01:54 PM
12 Second Truck Club

Originally Posted by JoeyGC5
All the work should get you what your wanting, provided traction is there. Is 10lbs the max limit on your setup?
I was thinking 12psi but our pistons aren't really developed for boost the ring lands are pretty tightly gapped if i recall.. and the 350z guys claim they can only get 10psi on stock rods before they start breaking, im figuring they probably use similar components on my motor even though it is larger. I really hate to blow a motor over 2psi, but who know i might try 12psi on stock internals eventually. lol cause I know the methanol injection should help somewhat with combustion temps and stress on the motor.
Old 01-20-2012, 04:14 PM
11 Second Club

I run the M&H 26x4.5-17 runners on a 17x5.5 wheels on my TBSS. Fits great and carrys the truck(4150, no driver) fine.

Last edited by WongBob; 01-20-2012 at 04:19 PM.

Quick Reply: need suggestions for a front tire for my new bogart wheels..