Slow around Here

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Slow around Here

Almost a week and no new post's here....Where is everybody?????

TJ
Old 11-08-2005, 04:59 PM
Teching In

Yeah, I've noticed that it is quite slow over here - where is everybody???

Derek
Old 11-08-2005, 06:35 PM
TECH Resident

I'm here, but I'm currently over seas so I dont have anyting new to post! I've been cheking almost every day and it has been slow in this part of the forums!!!!!
Old 11-08-2005, 07:47 PM
Toe
TECH Regular

Sorry, it's winter time, not much new to report. Truck had the toyo's swapped for some winter tires, and is currently a brown muddy mess from all the dirt they dump on the roads for traction.

However, I've got a big influx of cash coming in a month so I am eyeing up what Coltsteele has gotten done to his truck. Big cam, ported heads, and a computer to run it all.

I will be getting some American Eagle 025 series rims for the toyo's in the spring. Swapping the toyo's to the winters on the stock rims costs me $160cdn, do that for 3 more years and I'll have spent enough to buy those rims. Of course after that I need to lower the truck 2/4", aftermarket rims and stock ride height just don't look good in my mind.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:24 PM
TECH Resident

Keep an eye out Toe. We made some changes today and decided to do a little more (I may nee dto borrow some of your influx of cash ) lol

We stuck the krc220 cam in on aug 8 and today we've almost decided to swap it out with a better cam for the set up we've decided to go with. SO, the 220 went in and if we swap it out I'll have NEVER got to drive it with it in it.

Hey- you wouldn't happen to be interested in a KRC220 cam- only a few miles and 1 dyno run on it. I'll make you a deal.... I'll know for sure tomorrow if we are definitely taking it out.

Lemme know
Later
Old 11-08-2005, 08:53 PM

Yep, slow! I'm going to the track tomorrow night, I'll post my times when I get home.
Jim
Old 11-11-2005, 01:25 PM
On The Tree

Well, just picked up an 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD for my wife. I really was looking for the Hemi, but came across a SMOKING deal on a 4.7 HO that I could not pass up. This one has every possible option on it, plus it has some 19's, and get this.........only 3500 miles and never been in the rain. The guy lives across the street from work, and WALKS to work. Guy was crazy **** retentive. Has a 96 Vette with 4000 miles on it. It even comes with the factory 17" aluminum/chrome rims with 1000 miles on em. It even has the optional Inferno Red Tinted Pearl Coat paint, which was an option you had to pay for (I am looking at the window sticked right now) I just could not pass up the fact it only has 3,500 miles on it, it's a brand new Jeep for over half off the sticker (sticker was right at 40K),and even has a 7 year/100K Jeep factory extended warranty. I am pretty pumped up, great looking rig.
Old 11-11-2005, 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by GenIII53
Well, just picked up an 02 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4WD for my wife. I really was looking for the Hemi, but came across a SMOKING deal on a 4.7 HO that I could not pass up. This one has every possible option on it, plus it has some 19's, and get this.........only 3500 miles and never been in the rain. The guy lives across the street from work, and WALKS to work. Guy was crazy **** retentive. Has a 96 Vette with 4000 miles on it. It even comes with the factory 17" aluminum/chrome rims with 1000 miles on em. It even has the optional Inferno Red Tinted Pearl Coat paint, which was an option you had to pay for (I am looking at the window sticked right now) I just could not pass up the fact it only has 3,500 miles on it, it's a brand new Jeep for over half off the sticker (sticker was right at 40K),and even has a 7 year/100K Jeep factory extended warranty. I am pretty pumped up, great looking rig.
Sounds like you got a hell of a deal, good job!
Jim
Old 11-11-2005, 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ram4Pick
Sounds like you got a hell of a deal, good job!
Jim

Hope so. In fact I do not know that much about the 4.7 HO. I went and looked at it last night, it was in his garage (of course) next to his Vette, and could tell under the poor lighting in his garage that this was the real deal (3500 miles) When I went back today after I gave him some money to hold until I could look and drive it during the day, and crawled underneath, factory markings, no road grime, no water splatter, NOTHING. Get this: This morning when I went to go look at it again, there was some water in the street (I guess from a sprinkler left on over night at his neighbors, I don't know) anyways, the guy says to me....."we have to take the back way out of the subdivision since there is water inthe street, we cannot drive through it" Oh boy I am thinking. I mean, it's not like this is some Million dollar Lambo or something, for heavens sake, it is a 4WD Jeep!!!!!! If it was for me, I would have to say I "probaly" would have passed since no Hemi, but since it is for the wife, and the dang thing ran GOOD, I jumped. My 05 Silverado 5.3 is slowly getting modded, but I also have my real toy (71 Challenger)in the garage going under the knife for a full rebuild with a 484" Aluminum headed Hemi with a Vortech blower If I knew how to post pictues on this webiste (tried in the past, but could not succeed) I would share with you guys. Anybody have osme info about the Jeep and 4.7 HO they could share? Thanks!!!!
Old 11-13-2005, 09:38 AM
TECH Resident

haha, go put some loud exhaust on the jeep and go ride by the guys house and rev it up and do a donut and see if he has a heart attack

Quick Reply: Slow around Here