Dodge Engine & Exhaust Performance All EFI, Hemi, Magnum, 4.7, 5.9

What should I do?

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 05:50 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What should I do?

Hey, I'm trying to get some ideas for my ride: a 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 RCSB that is stock with the exception of chrome grille and bumper cap, Street Scene Speed Grille inserts (grille, bumper as soon as I can find some clips that'll work), window tint, Pioneer CD player with iPod connect (I love it, hardly know I have a radio), roll-up tonneau cover, and 20x10 Eagle Alloy series 064 wheels.

Future Plans are to repaint it, Rhino or Line-X the bed, roll pan, LED taillights & 3rd brake light, one-piece clear headlights, then performance.

I'm thinking about either sticking a Viper motor or a SRT-8 Hemi in it. I'd like to know if anyone's tried this before. Ideally, I'd like to find a salvageable SRT-10 truck and pull the motor/trans from it. What would I do for the computer? Take the one from the SRT-10 or use my original. Also, does anyone know if the seats out of the newer Rams will fit into my generation Ram? I was thinking about if I found the SRT-10, I'd also put the matching seats/console in my truck.

Again, I don't know how soon I'll start on this (probably when the 5.2L gives up the ghost), but I appreciate any input/suggestions.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:24 PM
2nd fastest 5.3 ECSB

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey I moved this to the Dodge section for you! I bet those SRT-10 engines command a hefty price even in a junkyard salvage!! You would probably need the harness along with it.
Old 09-24-2008, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yeah, i just looked on ebay and a '08 complete drivetrain was going for 16k...if i wait a year or two, i could just buy a real SRT-10 truck.
If i were to still try and do this, does anyone know of some places to get, say a salvaged truck w/ complete driveline, and possibly seats? And not just SRT-10s, I'd consider a HEMI, too, anything to boost performance and attitude!
Thanks!