Dodge Engine & Exhaust Performance All EFI, Hemi, Magnum, 4.7, 5.9

Stock Hemi power?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 10:53 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hemi 400 hp
My hemi was special order off of dodge.com and it had 400hp at the crank.
Dude... Gotta raise the BS flag here... Where is Sweetwater, close enough to Houston for you to show me how fast your truck is... What kind of times do you run?? mind posting a timeslip?

Nevermind on the location, I have it on GoogleEarth.. I see your altitude is about 2100 ft.. Post your timeslip( if you have one that is ) and the date, time and place of your run and I will even calculate it down std. so you will have an equal ( provided you can hook it up with the extra power here ) footing with the timeslips shown around here....

There has NEVER been a special order Hemi w/400 hp in the Rams... you can get the 425 HP 6.1 Hemi in some of the cars... but NOT in a truck... even the Daytonas and such with the Borla Exhaust do not advertise a HP increase over the 345 all of the Ram's advertise....

In case you do not realize, the Dodge group has credibility probs with HP statements due to all of the Torque Management DCX put into the PCMs so we don't put down squat to the tires compared to any of these Chevy guys with at decent tune.... So what if you COULD get 400 flywheel HP.. you would just get a bigger dose of TM to go along with it....

IF you want to BS on a website, I recommend you go to a site that has less savy members who might believe your lines.... the guys around here will only say " So What? bring your azz to the track and let's see your chitz! "

TJ
Old 11-12-2006, 09:45 PM
Staging Lane

to 400HP from factory nor from your mods. post your dyno!

hemigoat
Old 11-14-2006, 07:37 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by hemigoat
to 400HP from factory nor from your mods. post your dyno!

hemigoat
hell... you know he won't post a dyno, bet he has never been there! he can post times, raceweight and DA.... we will TELL him what he is pushin!!!
doubt we will hear from him again... he will find some clown site that will listen to his bravado...

TJ
Old 11-15-2006, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

true-dat
Old 11-15-2006, 09:06 PM
Teching In

Hey MrD, it seems that you are the go to guy for a Hemi. I have an 03 regular cab that I just lowered and debadged. It is all stock except for a one chamber flowmaster. I just ordered the superchips programmer for it and expect to have it shortly. I don't know what I need to do next???? I know before long I will give in to the N2O gods, but I have also "heard" that a converter swap is good idea. I don't have a clue. My family owns a chevorlet dealership so dodge is kinda a four letter word around here. Any help would be great. I also have a cold air intake.
Old 11-15-2006, 09:34 PM
TECH Resident

hemi 400 hp if some dealer really told you that you special ordered a 400hp hemi you need to take it back and driveit straight thru their doors... especially if you paid extra for that special nonexistant option.
i did the edge tc and 4.56 gears right around the same time and aside from the obvious other mahor mods I have done those were 2 of the most noticeable
Old 11-17-2006, 03:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by turbo39402
Hey MrD, it seems that you are the go to guy for a Hemi. I have an 03 regular cab that I just lowered and debadged. It is all stock except for a one chamber flowmaster. I just ordered the superchips programmer for it and expect to have it shortly. I don't know what I need to do next???? I know before long I will give in to the N2O gods, but I have also "heard" that a converter swap is good idea. I don't have a clue. My family owns a chevorlet dealership so dodge is kinda a four letter word around here. Any help would be great. I also have a cold air intake.
What kind of CAI.... most of them are not really Cold air and only really good for the sound... a lot o People are following Colt's recommendation of 4.56s and the new Edge Torque Converter.... Longtube headers would also help, then there are things like the Efan, oh yea your idea of the hiflow cat never hurts.
I doubt there is another Hemi in the nation that runs 13s with a full stock exhaust... but I got there by weight reduction! and some other drag racing 101. the only drag about the weight reduction is the most of it is coming off of the rear end..... but get it to hook and it is most cost effective way of going fast... also in this category is lite weight wheels, for every 1 lbs you take off of the wheels/ tires = 7 lbs of static mass, So if you have 20s, find a way to dump them, I dropped 7 tenths off of my times with smaller 17s.
some guys are dropping the swaybar off of the front to help with front end rise, I just disconnect the links and leave mine on and reconnect the links when the drags are done ( I do not like the way the truck handles with the swaybar off! ). I am sure there are things I forgot but that ought to keep you busy for a whle....
One final thing.... get to the track, you can do a lot of things but tuning the things to all work together can be quite an effort..... but well worth it.

TJ
Old 11-17-2006, 07:42 PM
Teching In

Thanks, I'll let you know what worked and what didn't.
Old 11-27-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Hemi 400 hp
My hemi was special order off of dodge.com and it had 400hp at the crank.
Who is this?
Old 11-27-2006, 06:51 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by nightmarechevy
Who is this?
Someone who thinks he can spoon feed us BS...

TJ

Quick Reply: Stock Hemi power?