why dodge??? why cummins?

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2006, 02:08 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default why dodge??? why cummins?

I'm a chevy boy and love it. convince me why I should buy an '01 or '02 2500 HO cummins/ 6spd truck.

why buy a dodge over a chevy? why the cummins over the duramax (should be a no-brainer there!)

not being a dick, but really wanna know from the chrysler croud, as to why?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I could probably right you a 20 page essay on why to buy a Cummins over a Duramax, but it will all boil down to being a bias decision..
You're on your own when choosing a truck. I've owned my 99 for 210,000 miles with over 500 rwhp for half those miles with no problems.. My father's 04 DMax has been in and out of the dealership ever since he bought it..
Its all personal experience and preference..
Old 10-13-2006, 11:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LesPaul
no...... you are being a dick..... buy what the **** you want... why should anyone convince you of anything....... no one wants to read your mindless bullshit....
Statemenents like this make a great reason to get a Cummins equipped Ram.

LesPaul are all Chevy guys as touchy as you?

Mighty Whitey do some research and let that be your guide.

Good luck with your choice!
Old 10-13-2006, 12:45 PM
Toe
TECH Regular

Buy the one that you like the best. Really all 3 heavy duty diesel trucks will do the job and do it well, it's just which shell that appeals to you more.

You can't really go by someone elses personal experience with a vehicle. For every guy that's had a bad experience with a Dodge, there's someone else that's had an equally bad experience with a Ford and Chevy. One guy will have a tranny go out in 25K, the next will have one last 300K or more.

Get what you think looks best, that's what I did.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:39 PM
12 Second Club

in all honesty NO, I WAS NOT BEING A DICK. I could have been, but wasn't, thank ya very much! end of story.

all I was trying to get from this post was some real world answers from the owners as to why they chose a dodge over a chevy. if none of them gave me any positive aspects of owning a dodge/cummins truck, then why would I want to buy one? equally so for the chevy/duramax croud, if there's no positive answers FROM THE OWNERS, then why would i want to own one?

obviously there's going to be some biased opinions here, that's why I posted a similar topic in the duramax section.

didn't mean to ruffle anyones feathers, but that's the only time the truth may come out.
Old 10-13-2006, 01:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

To be honest, its Live and Learn.... You will probably have to own one first before you find out you like it/dislike it. Every truck is different, even from the same company, even off the same manufacturing line on the same day. You may buy a Dodge because someone told you that Dodge will last a million miles, pull a million pounds, and be a million time more comfortable than a Chevy. But you can also run into the chance of that one truck you buy being a total pile of crap...
Just pucker up, read a magazine, then go buy..
Old 10-16-2006, 07:44 PM
Adkoonerstrator

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

RankRam - not all us Cheby guys are like that. Les must've been having a bad day or something. I asked him not to have anymore.

I agree with these guys about you just gonna have to jump in and buy something. A little research and some test drives will help but, until you own it and use it you just won't know.
Old 10-16-2006, 07:46 PM
Need More N2O Mod

Well I was going to buy a new 2001 cummins ho 6speed. i drove it a week but the dealer never could get financing right for me so i bought a chevy z71. I have alot of buddys that have all 3 and they are all about the same. the cummins motor is great. in my opnion those years the interior was a little cheap compaired to the chevy. Before you buy try and see if they have a record of matinance. that will be a big key in buying one. if all the filters were changed at the right time and so on then it should be a good buy. my buddy just got sold his 02 cummins after he put a injector pump on it $1000. he was 15k out of warranty. so be prepaired if something does go wrong on any diesel and it is out of warranty expect pay more for parts.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:22 AM
Teching In

my biggest factor was that the Cummins is a medium-duty engine in a pickup. the 5.9 is way overbuilt for our use. a while back there were some pictures floating around with comparisons of the internals to the other diesels being used in pickups. to me, it was obvious which engine was the heaviest duty. of course, i got the manual trans because the Dodge auto sucks (IMHO)
Old 05-26-2007, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

anything fuel related on any diesel is going to be expensive

Quick Reply: why dodge??? why cummins?