Notices
Classic Trucks '47-'98 GM Trucks - Performance | Conversions | General Discussion

Soon to be selling parts off my OBS.

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2011, 01:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Soon to be selling parts off my OBS.

Hello fellow OBS owners. I never thought I would see this day, but tomorrow my insurance company is looking at my truck that was in an accident and most likely will tell me its totalled. So I have a lot of parts that were supposed to go on the truck but never made it as well as parts coming off it that my insurance company is not getting. I am posting here first to see if anyone is interested. If my insurance does give me the worst news ive probably heard in most my life then I will be snapping pics and posting it in the correct part of this forum. Currently my vehicle, though not drivable, is a 1998 silverado ext. cab 5.7L 2wd short bed. I have a set of brand spanking new still in the box ceramic coated headers from pacesetter. I have a tonneau cover that is velco not snapped. about one year old and honestly i forget who makes it. not a single tear or fade or anything. best cover ive ever used. Then there is the K&N intake kit i bought a week after i drove the truck home 4 years ago. filter was cleaned this summer and functions like its supposed to. I also have a stock set of rims and tires with maybe 1/4 tread left but more importantly these rims are just about perfect. they have sat in the garage for 3 years and still got 35 pounds of air in them. The next thing I have is power steering lines. these were meant to be for when I did a hydroboost swap. These lines are brand new not even broken the plastic. bought last month actually. I also have a brand new master cylinder that would go to the hydroboost setup that I bench bled then put back away so would have to be bled again. I have a brand new box of EBC 7000 series pads that literally came in the mail a day before the accident and i never put them on. I am keeping my gauges and interstate batteries and isolator but i will no longer have a need for the gauge pod. its a dual gauge pod. So, It kills to post this as this truck was treated better than a family member. I had so many plans for it and they all just came falling down. If my insurance totals the truck I will take pics and post these items in the classifieds. of course the headers and steering hoses and tires are in the garage but the other stuff. I will post pricing up too of course. But If anyone is interested now This is why I made this thread. thank you, and what ever you do, watch for idiots on the road. Don't be me and total your beloved truck because an idiot without a license but has insurance decides to slam on the brakes and have no working tail lights and sit in the intersection because he didnt know what to do when an officer put his party lights on. Fortunately for me, he was arrested and I got nothing at the accident. unfortunately, i most likely get to kiss my beloved 98 good bye. so watch out!