Central & Northern ND, SD, NE, KS, OK, MN, IL, MO, IA, KY, OH, IN, MI, WI

Milan Dragway Milan, MI Take 2

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2013, 07:05 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would be interested to go im swapping my ly6 in this weekend should have every thing rocking and rolling by then, ive never made a pass down the track so it should be fun
-joe
Old 07-16-2013, 07:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Joe4.8silvy
I would be interested to go im swapping my ly6 in this weekend should have every thing rocking and rolling by then, ive never made a pass down the track so it should be fun
-joe
Cool! Where you taking it to get tuned?

And yeah, test n tunes are mostly all pretty chill, and unless it's overly crowded, a lot of fun! Good way to get to know your vehicle. A lot of people end up heart broken when they realize their **** isn't fast though, haha. Then comes time for excuses.
I'm just hoping to shave a couple tenths this year.
Getting consistent 1.7x 60fts too...
Old 07-16-2013, 07:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

If you guys do something on a sunday ill make the drive from chitown
Old 07-16-2013, 08:08 PM
Launching!

black bear is tuning it.

and yea thatll be me I know I wont be fast at all with a cammed 6.0 in an extended cab with stock stall and gears but its a work in progress ha but im sure itll be a huge improvement over my baby 4.8

that's pretty cool shredsled is it the white truck in your sig? whats done to her it looks like a killer ride my favorite body style
Old 07-16-2013, 08:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Joe4.8silvy
black bear is tuning it.

and yea thatll be me I know I wont be fast at all with a cammed 6.0 in an extended cab with stock stall and gears but its a work in progress ha but im sure itll be a huge improvement over my baby 4.8

that's pretty cool shredsled is it the white truck in your sig? whats done to her it looks like a killer ride my favorite body style

Do yourself a huge favor and put a converter in there while you're doing the engine swap!! You'll thank me later. A good converter can even make a stock truck fun, and you'll really want it if you hit the track.

Thanks, yeah, I've taken both trucks in my sig to the track... but the white Silvy is the one I focus on making quick, the Sierra is my DD. Both have lq9 h/c/i swaps and 3600 verters... among paragraphs of other nonsense.
Old 07-25-2013, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Hey not to steal the thread but just a question. I know you guys are talking about hitting Milan but I was wondering if you guys do any cruising? Like hitting up Woodward on the weekends? Maybe do anything on dream cruise weekend? Not a lot of truck guys around and was kind of getting tired of being one of the only full size chevys on Woodward. I'm running a Procharged Silvy SS be cool to meet up out there if anybody ever heads out that way.
Old 07-26-2013, 09:43 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stoshball
Hey not to steal the thread but just a question. I know you guys are talking about hitting Milan but I was wondering if you guys do any cruising? Like hitting up Woodward on the weekends? Maybe do anything on dream cruise weekend? Not a lot of truck guys around and was kind of getting tired of being one of the only full size chevys on Woodward. I'm running a Procharged Silvy SS be cool to meet up out there if anybody ever heads out that way.

Where about are you from, if you don't mind me asking?

Yeah I used to roll down there quite a bit, and I know what you mean about the lack of fullsize truck love. Kinda stuck between classic muscle crews and imports/rich kid sports car posses... but I'm not gonna hate, the variety keeps it fun.

Currently my Silvy is pretty torn apart in my barn in the middle of an intake swap and coil over conversion... but I'm hoping to get it wrapped up and schedule a dyno tune all before the week of the cruise so hopefully I can make it out on some weeknights.

Me and Tom / Fastnblu did some heavy rolling up and down last year and had some fun. Hope maybe we can get a few more truck/LS guys in on the prowl this year!
Old 07-26-2013, 10:54 AM
Teching In

I'm all the way up by the north end of Woodward on the Clarkston Waterford border. I usually hit woodward on the weekends with the trail blazer ss group now. We always meet up in the big lot at 13 mile and Woodward. There a good group of guys. But yeah all the full size trucks now are diesels. Most of them are kinda a-holes because in there minds there trucks are so much better being they are diesel and I'm not. Which is just stupid. And they get real pissed when I'm faster. It would be cool to get a group together and run Woodward some time for sure.
Old 07-26-2013, 11:28 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Stoshball
I'm all the way up by the north end of Woodward on the Clarkston Waterford border. I usually hit woodward on the weekends with the trail blazer ss group now. We always meet up in the big lot at 13 mile and Woodward. There a good group of guys. But yeah all the full size trucks now are diesels. Most of them are kinda a-holes because in there minds there trucks are so much better being they are diesel and I'm not. Which is just stupid. And they get real pissed when I'm faster. It would be cool to get a group together and run Woodward some time for sure.
Oh nice, I'm not too far from Clarkston.
Didn't realize there was a TBSS group, that's cool. Any fast?
Now I really wanna get my truck back on the road and meet up with you guys!

And I know what you mean about diesels. There are some serious diesels around though, they can usually get me good on highway runs! But honestly, wtf, give me 6.6+ liters of displacement AND a turbo and **** would fly.
...gotta throw in RIP shout out for Hallas.
But yeah, new trend to take over ricers, something farm kids are all proud of.
Old 07-26-2013, 12:19 PM
Teching In

I'm from Defiance, OH bought an hour from Toledo i wouldn't mind goin up to milan for a truck test and tune. Not to many guys around me with trucks like mine all diesel 8 luggers mostly. I never ran down the strip it would be fun.

Quick Reply: Milan Dragway Milan, MI Take 2