Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

my first dmax!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

got a profab down pipe diamond eye 4in no cat no muffler did the airbox mod egr delete transgo jr and some phantom 2 gauges now on the getting dsp5 for it tuned by bobo soon
Old 11-26-2012, 01:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the max you'll definitely love it. I'm on my second one now and can say if I could find one my gasser would be gone. Sounds like you have some good mods already, I switched from PPE to EFIlive dsp5 from Idaho rob and man what a difference.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

im getting a dsp5 also but im actually trying my buddies ppe right now and it was way better just with that and i was going to go with bobo for the dsp5 cuz hes only like an hr away from me and now i really cant wait if u can tell that much of a difference!
Old 11-28-2012, 04:32 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man you wont believe the difference between the PPE and the EFIlive. You can see my mods in my sig and would be more than willing to help you with any questions. I had rob tune mine with a maxed eco, tow heavy, tow light, 120 performance, and max effort race stock trans.

My next mods will most likely be a batmowheel, intake, afe inter cooler pipe, then that should finish my mods I really dont wanna put a trans in it or go crazy. You should definitely be excited for EFIlive its definitely worth the money plus now I have a extra license so I can tune my gasser
Old 11-28-2012, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats awesome im doing max eco to general tow and 3 performance settings idk what they will be but bob will tell me when hes done with them and i wanna do a trans just dont have the $$$ for it right now 4200 bucks but thats everything stage 5 and a georend converter and even the trans/transfercase brace from all season
Old 11-29-2012, 04:47 AM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by corvetteandsilverado
man you wont believe the difference between the PPE and the EFIlive. You can see my mods in my sig and would be more than willing to help you with any questions. I had rob tune mine with a maxed eco, tow heavy, tow light, 120 performance, and max effort race stock trans.

My next mods will most likely be a batmowheel, intake, afe inter cooler pipe, then that should finish my mods I really dont wanna put a trans in it or go crazy. You should definitely be excited for EFIlive its definitely worth the money plus now I have a extra license so I can tune my gasser
Batmowheel ? Who offers this mod ? I assume with out searching its an upgraded compressor wheel?

I have been wanting to try Robs tuning for a while , not happy with my race tune.
Old 11-29-2012, 05:51 AM
13 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

EfiLive FTW!!! I've been tuning Duramax's now for over 4 yrs, I love them! I've always wanted to buy one but they're expensive and alot more truck than I need. I had a guy with an 07 LMM ext cab 4x4 run a 13.6@98mph with just an MBRP 4" downpipe back and one of my mild stock tranny safe tunes... I found that impressive! I might need to get me one to soon... The prices are getting cheaper!
Old 11-29-2012, 07:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Batmowheel ? Who offers this mod ? I assume with out searching its an upgraded compressor wheel?

I have been wanting to try Robs tuning for a while , not happy with my race tune.
Yes it's an upgrade and dansville has compresser wheels too for r turbos. For what I read they spool better but only get like 10rwhp out of it
Old 11-29-2012, 07:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by LS1FREEK
EfiLive FTW!!! I've been tuning Duramax's now for over 4 yrs, I love them! I've always wanted to buy one but they're expensive and alot more truck than I need. I had a guy with an 07 LMM ext cab 4x4 run a 13.6@98mph with just an MBRP 4" downpipe back and one of my mild stock tranny safe tunes... I found that impressive! I might need to get me one to soon... The prices are getting cheaper!

Thoughts awesome I just wanted a 13.5 out of mine too on my stock tranny
Old 11-29-2012, 08:09 AM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by TIM Z

Ya, turn it up so I can drive it.

Quick Reply: my first dmax!!!!