Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Need help please!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2014, 11:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need help please!!!

I swaped to a 4l80e and I checked my truck for codes because when I went to put in gear the the gear selecter on the dash said it was in reverse but the truck wanted to move forward but not much even when I pressed on the gas peddle. Also the truck will stay idle but it sounds like it has a knock may e fuel related? Oil pressure is good.

The codes are
P0134 o2 senser bank 1
Po154 o2 senser bank 2
P0740 torque converter clutch solenoid circuit open
P0785 shift timing solenoid malfunction
P0134 02 senser bank 1 no activity
P0154 02 senser bank 2 no activity
P0740 torque converter clutch solenoid open
P1810 DTC definition not found see service manual

I'm thinking when I downloaded the new tune it erased the codes?
I bought new 02 sensors and a new neutral safety switch for the gear selecter for the side of the trans. I then down loaded the new tune with the updated 4l80e segment swap.

The truck shows no codes but it still dosent want to move much and when it showing reverse the trucks feels like it wants to go forward?

Also one of my biggest headaches is the the bracket the holds the shift cable which one do I need I been having to have a friend hold the brake while I claim into the truck and manually switch the gears.

I had the original 4l80e bracket but the opening was to big so I order a 4l60e bracket but it was an aftermarket one and every thing was wrong with it didn't line up with the bolts interfered with the wire harness that came out of the trans etc.
Old 07-06-2014, 11:17 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is the pn. for the correct shift cable bracket: 15013290 works on my swap w/stock 60e cable.

And make sure you adjust the cable too. post #7 here:

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...stment-418728/

Hopefully its something simple like that.
Old 07-07-2014, 02:20 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TheBeeblebrox
This is the pn. for the correct shift cable bracket: 15013290 works on my swap w/stock 60e cable.

And make sure you adjust the cable too. post #7 here:

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...stment-418728/

Hopefully its something simple like that.

Do you know where you ordered it from? Just to be clear it fit your 4l80e? I found several places that match that number but no pictures. I've all ready order 2 different kinds and neither worked so I'm I little hesitate on ordering stuff now. Lol

But aside from that when I go under the truck and physicaly change gears to reverse its trying to move forward but can't. Is that something you goes run into while trying to adjust the shifter cable bracket?

Thanks
Old 07-07-2014, 09:45 AM
Launching!

Yes it fit my 80e and cable perfectly, I ordered it through GMParts Direct.

My shift cable didn't need to be adjusted, but if the cable isn't adjusted properly it won't let the trans into all gears properly.

And double check that your neutral safety switch is in the right position too just incase.

If its not that it might be something in the trans, did you get a rebuilt trans?
Old 07-07-2014, 11:19 PM
Launching!

Ok good I'll order from Gmparts direct! I bought and installed a new neutral safety switch I did notice that it has a little play when bolting it up but I didn't think it was crucial because the connections into just plug in once it's bolted up. I didn't know there was any adjustment to it? I rebuilt the the trans and I took my time with a book and video. Hopefully theres nothing internal wrong, cross my fingers! I order the bracket and take a crack at adjusting it.

Thanks
Old 07-25-2014, 07:06 AM
Launching!

Well I've been doing a little research on my various codes and several places that I have read are saying that it could be the IGNITION SWITCH?

"The most likely cause of this condition may be a loss of power to the transmission on circuit 1020. This loss of power may be caused by an open in the ignition switch. This condition may also be the result of an incorrect installation of an aftermarket electronic device such as a remote starter or alarm system."

With the ignition switch in the RUN position, test for battery voltage at the appropriate fuse shown.

"If battery voltage is present at the fuse, inspect circuit 1020 between the fuse and the transmission for possible opens. If battery voltage is not present at the fuse, replace the ignition switch using the Ignition Switch Replacement procedure in the Steering Wheel and Column sub-section of the applicable Service Manual. Refer to group number 2.188 of the parts catalog for part description and usage."

Have any of you ran into this problem before and does it seem right.

Where is circuit 1020 located at?

The link

Trouble Code: P0785

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Last edited by 03 BLKTAHOE; 07-25-2014 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Spell check
Old 07-26-2014, 06:58 AM
Launching!

Any suggestions?

I haven't hooked up the shifter cable yet but I manually went under the truck and pulled back tell it clicked and it showed reverse but it wanted to move forward?

With the codes that I did have I've read that it could be the Ignition switch? I just don't want to waste money.

Is there any reputable shops, people etc. in North Georgia?

Please help thanks!
Old 08-13-2014, 10:45 PM
Launching!

Help, please...!

P0740 torque converter clutch solenoid circuit open
P0134 02 senser bank 1 no activity
P0154 02 senser bank 2 no activity
P0740 torque converter clutch solenoid open
P1810 DTC definition not found see service manual
Old 08-14-2014, 12:31 AM
Launching!

Just a shot in the dark here, but did you replace the internal harness in the trans? You could check the rest of the harness too might have pinched some wires on install, and double check your connector on the trans and make sure no pins are pushed out/misaligned.
Old 08-14-2014, 03:51 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by TheBeeblebrox
Just a shot in the dark here, but did you replace the internal harness in the trans? You could check the rest of the harness too might have pinched some wires on install, and double check your connector on the trans and make sure no pins are pushed out/misaligned.
Yea I'll go ahead and check again just to make sure all of the connections and wires are good. No I didn't replace the internal harness it looked good no cuts or tears and it wasn't bridle. Im really suprised that no body's had the same sort of codes. I've got a thread on the hp tuners and I was asked if I had any DTC codes which I do. Hopfully he gets back with me. This weekend Ill plug up hp tuners and see if the shift solenoids are working. I appreciate your help. Please guys any suggestions I now I am over looking something.

Thanks by the way for the shifter cable bracket info worked perfectly!