Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Hypertech error, please help!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hypertech error, please help!

I just sold my 2000 5.3 Hypertech, and the guy is saying it loads up to 100%, then gives an error, "6D calibration not found" or something like that. Does anyone know how to fix this? Does Hypertech charge to fix this? He said the Hypertech guy told him the programmer was corrupted by my truck, but that doesn't make any sense. I would call, but I just missed them. Thanks for any help guys!

Last edited by CashDudeHomie; 10-21-2006 at 05:20 PM. Reason: typo
Old 10-22-2006, 07:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

they might charge for it but i think maybe if u have the reciept they might do it for free. whenever i have used hypertech i have gotten the run around from them. they were not friendly. i refuse to use hypertech now. i would rather use diablo or superchips or something.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:30 AM
TECH Addict

The guy I sold it to said when he called Hypertech, they told him he needed to buy a new one. That's bull! I never had any problems on my truck, but I'm thinking this guy may have gotten his computer dealer-flashed with an update at some point in time. That's the only thing I can guess from reading other forums. And that Hypertech has to put an update on the programmer for it to work. I'm going to call them first thing tomorrow and try to get the update done for free. After all, the programmer is advertised for a 2000 5.3, it should work for ALL 2000 5.3's, including the ones that have been flashed with dealer updates. Also I saw most threads say Hypertech has good service, but trying to sell the guy a new one? And not even a toll free number? Doesn't sound very good to me.

Anyone else who has input, please respond because I won't know anything new until tomorrow. Thanks.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey man if he needs one for a 2000, PM me. i have one ill make him a deal on.
Old 10-27-2006, 09:56 AM
TECH Addict

Had this same problems with my buddies Hypertech that was from his Dodge. He unloaded the program and put it back to stock and sold it to a guy with the same year truck, engine, etc. Guy said it wouldn't work and when we contacted Hypertech they said there was a $250 charge to reset it!
Seems to be a hit and miss with these things. Lots of people say they sell them off to others and it works fine and they there are you and I who have tried the same with no luck.
Old 11-01-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Addict

Well, Hypertech wants to charge me $250 because their product doesn't work on the vehicle it is advertised. Makes perfect sense, right? So the phone call was worthless, I sent this email. Tell me if it's fair.

Hi, I'm a long time Hypertech customer and am having a hell of a time with a programmer I tried to resell (Got a new truck and HPP3.) It turns out the programmer 30003 which is supposedly compatible with all 2000 GM 5.3's does not work on vehicles running updated software routinely installed by dealerships. It only makes sense to me that Hypertech should give free updates for the life of the programmer to stay up to date with GM's software. So, basically the guy sent it back after getting the #6 program not found, call Hypertech error. When I tested it, it shows up as VIN locked to his truck. Hopefully this email isn't answered by the same guy on the phone, who blew me off and wanted to charge $250. Because I would appreciate if Hypertech (at no cost except shipping) will either flash the tuner to work on his truck, or just unlock it to work on mine again. I would like you to know that just because I sold your programmer used doesn't mean I won't buy anymore. Besides, if you guys didn't want them resold, you would VIN marry them, right? This is simply a matter of the programmer not working on the vehicle it is advertised to work on. If it had aftermarket tuning, I would understand, but this is an official GM update causing the problem according to the rude guy on the phone. I could even give you my VIN so you could re-lock it to mine if you want. That way you know there's no BS going on. Thanks for reading, hope to hear from you soon.

/end email

Just so you guys know, don't sell one of these POS's except in person where you can test it or this could happen to you.
Old 11-02-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Wait, so you got the programmer back and it had his VIN in it and not yours?
Could that mean the guy uploaded the programming into his truck (working fine) and then just sent you back the HPIII with his stock tuning in it and got his money back and a free hi-perf tune?
Just wondering if it actually worked properly and the guy gave you a line of BS to scam you?
Old 11-02-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Addict

I don't think so. I actually talked to him on the phone about it and he took a cell phone pic of the error screen. Also, the dick-weed at Hypertech acknowledged that this is a known problem. The buyer clarified tonight that it would not get to the "Return to stock" option, it would go immediately to the error screen after the self-tests were run. At this point, I'm fed up with it. I should probably record myself destroying the programmer and post it here and send to Hypertech as well.