Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Diablo sport help asap

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2012, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Diablo sport help asap

ok so my truck is in for warranty work waiting on approval of a new crate motor but gm is trying to say that something is not right with pcm like it might be seeing a footprint from my intune which i have unprogrammed from my truck. i thought these programmers didnt leave a footprint. to put it short if my warranty gets voided and i have to pay for a crate motor out of pocket i am not goin to be to pleased with diablosport and their claim to not leave footprints, causing my warranty to be completely voided by gm.
Old 07-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

What happened to the motor?
Old 07-18-2012, 02:54 PM
Staging Lane

oil pump failed truck only has 70k on it, i know it wasnt caused by a programmer but i just found the topic on tuner footprints so that clears alot of things up i am just waiting for a positive answer from gm
Old 07-18-2012, 02:58 PM
Admin

If there is a issue look up the Magnuson Moss warranty act.
Old 07-18-2012, 03:14 PM
TECH Regular

Cool

Dont tell them you used a programmer and when they try and say they see it tell them u dont know what they talking about that you unhooked battery to reset the ECM.. thats crap if they say they saw anything.. i used 2 diff Diablo programmers on my 2 vehs in my sig and both have yet to be detected that they were there when i returned to stock.. had a tech try already at stealership , they didntdetect anything i asked them if they could and he didnt know he said so i told him to look for it and show me and they couldnt .. but when u return to stock put some miles back on it so it has some memory and all the trims adjusted for when they hook up..my stealership is 35 miles away so by the time i get there all the trims are readjusted from the driving ... but i dont understand why stealerships would try to void the waruntee the stealership still gets paid for the work under warruntee??!!! .. Crappy *** stealerships **** me off when they say that crap .. maybe they get bonuses from factory for voiding it and saving them money.....they just need to do the damm work they get paid to do ...

Last edited by BIGDADDY1969; 07-18-2012 at 03:23 PM. Reason: typos
Old 07-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Staging Lane

the dealerships are not really the bad guys its the warranty people in corporate that do the warranty voiding, the dealer can influence a warranty being voided but thats case by case if your a complete pain in the *** and are clearly abusing warranty, but if your in good standing your service writers will normally help you out even if you are in the wrong. corporate is the one giving me hell right now but i think the more i talk to the tech the more we think he just sent in the wrong info. still waiting though
Old 07-18-2012, 05:14 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

There is nothing for them to see, period.

They are likely on a fishing expedition, looking to get you to casually admit to having used a tuner. If you dont tell them, they WILL NOT know, this I can assure you of.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:16 PM
Admin

Thanks for chiming in Mike. There ya go.
Old 07-18-2012, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

the techs have no idea, they are just instructed to take a screen shot of the calibration history and email it to the warranty/gm corporate for verification.
Old 07-19-2012, 09:52 AM
Staging Lane

from my understanding at this point is that the tech sent a pic of the wrong calibration codes so we are just waiting at this point for them to ok everything

Quick Reply: Diablo sport help asap