Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

DBW pedal is 100% WOT at 1/2 pedal travel

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2011, 01:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That was the conclusion I came to as well. EAP pedals are definitely shorter thow, I haven't seen a fixed pedal with the short throw, but I haven't looked at many.

I'd still like to know if it's the TAC or the ECM that's setting the amount of available pedal travel. But there are still several out there that have pulled all the parts themselves and have experienced a mis-match issue.
Old 06-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jim_PA
That was the conclusion I came to as well. EAP pedals are definitely shorter thow, I haven't seen a fixed pedal with the short throw, but I haven't looked at many.

I'd still like to know if it's the TAC or the ECM that's setting the amount of available pedal travel. But there are still several out there that have pulled all the parts themselves and have experienced a mis-match issue.
sorry for the lame question, but what is EAP? not familiar with that term. thanks
Old 06-21-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BryanD
sorry for the lame question, but what is EAP? not familiar with that term. thanks
Electronic adjustable pedals.

Some trucks/suv's have a switch on the door so you can move the brake/gas pedal closer or further away from the floorboards.
Old 06-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jim_PA
Electronic adjustable pedals.

Some trucks/suv's have a switch on the door so you can move the brake/gas pedal closer or further away from the floorboards.
ok, yeah those have been some of the problem children for me. my wifes Yukon XL has the adjustable pedals. but if i remember right i also had a non-adjustable metal pedal that had double the throw of say the all plastic pedals. doesn't have anything to do with whether it came from an automatic or manual trans application does it?

all-in-all though, i have mostly had the shorter throw pedals. so that is why i didn't have a problem welding the stop on, as i figured that is the throw that most people are used to. i was a little concerned that it may feel like the pedal is sensitive, especially off idle, but hasn't seemed to be an issue.
Old 07-15-2011, 01:41 PM
Teching In

Have y'all found out any solutions?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don’t know whether or not if it may be the answer to some of you fellows issues, but for those whom haven’t seen them, Lokar has a programmable electronic peddle assembly available for some DBW applications. The application list may not include the year model your dealing with though.

http://lokar.com/product-pgs/new-pro...e-by-wire.html
Old 08-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Teching In

I talked with the parts guy at the salvage yard about this. He said my assembly came out of a vehicle with non-adjustable pedals (04 Avalanche) and that I will need solve the problem with tuning.
Old 08-16-2011, 08:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by warpdriv
I talked with the parts guy at the salvage yard about this. He said my assembly came out of a vehicle with non-adjustable pedals (04 Avalanche) and that I will need solve the problem with tuning.
I have a 97-04 Corvette pedal on the way for my latest project. I am anxious to see how the pedal responds
Old 08-18-2011, 08:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

While visually, it appears that the '98 corvette pedal has less overall pedal travel from off-throttle to when the metal tab hits the base, my TB is still 100% WOT at half of it's travel too

The corvette APP sensor did not respond with my TAC and PCM. Not sure if the sensor was faulty, or if there is some other type of mis-match there.

The lid on this case needs to be blown off by someone.

What piece is at fault???
Old 08-18-2011, 10:49 PM
Staging Lane

I just did one today that at 100% pedal only gave me 50% throttle (backwards of what usually happens). So, off to the "pile" of pedal & tac modules to try a different one. ended up using one of the plastic pedals with short throw.

I need to start logging the pedal parameters in the tune for each one i do to see if any difference. but honestly, i think it is in the tac, which we have no adjustability on.

Quick Reply: DBW pedal is 100% WOT at 1/2 pedal travel