Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

6.0/4l80e 1500 swap tuning help

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2016, 04:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6.0/4l80e 1500 swap tuning help

Hey all. I'm going to need some HP Tuners advice on tuning this. I've done searches but not found much directly useful.

Details:
02 silverado 5.3 4wd
03 6.0 (stock)
03(ish?)4l80e HD2 and freshened up and using Tuned by Frost adapter harness
Yank 3600 stall
05+ Electronic fans (Bought the wiring kit)

I'm keeping it 4wd and have swapped the input shaft on my np246. I'm also retaining the truck's original wiring harnesses and just using the Tuned By Frost adapter. I know I'll neet to turn off the Torque Management but that's about it.

I can't imagine this hasn't been done so. Does anyone have any input?

Last edited by CBIII; 12-28-2016 at 10:09 AM.
Old 12-27-2016, 04:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

Perform a segment swap so the transmission will function like normal. Most computers allow for the segment swap so long as the OS works with another OS.

You must change the engine displacement, cylinder volume, VE table, Spark tables, fueling tables if injectors are different. Likely a few other tables too and then start really tuning it from there.

I use HP Tuners so this is what I would be doing with that software. If someone used EFI Live you'd still have to do very similar changes inside the computer so it knows exactly what size motor it's running.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:08 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by FFDP
Perform a segment swap so the transmission will function like normal. Most computers allow for the segment swap so long as the OS works with another OS.

You must change the engine displacement, cylinder volume, VE table, Spark tables, fueling tables if injectors are different. Likely a few other tables too and then start really tuning it from there.

I use HP Tuners so this is what I would be doing with that software. If someone used EFI Live you'd still have to do very similar changes inside the computer so it knows exactly what size motor it's running.
I'm under the impression that the "Tuned by Frost" harness negates the need for the segment swap. the 6.0 is still stock beyond free mods and full exhaust, which the 5.3 was also tuned for.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:13 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 546 Likes on 472 Posts

I have no idea on the harness, it's easy enough to use the segment swap feature if your OS allows for it. I guess I can't be much help there then on what that harness allows.

Besides that, changing all the other things I listed are needed so the computer knows what size engine you have put in it. Then start tuning from there.