THE TRUCK STOP General Chat area. Religion and politics topics will undoubtedly be deleted. Anything over PG-13 is not allowed. WORK SAFE!

This place surely isn't what it used to be...

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2015, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This place surely isn't what it used to be...

I haven't been on the board for a few years but there was I time I was here reading and posting at all times of the day and night. I recently put up 2 different post which happen to be simple questions and wanting opinions of others. They both have well over 100 views and not a single reply... I would've been even happy to have someone tell me to kick rocks. Usually when this would happen, atleast a moderator would pop in for a short reply. Just a little rant...I'm done.
Old 01-09-2015, 12:55 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Sorry to hear that. I only see two threads that you posted that went unanswered, both about EFI live. ( The one you deleted included). I seen it but unfortunetely I don't care for EFI live and only use HPT So I cannot answer your question.
Old 01-09-2015, 01:01 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

I'm sorry you feel that way.

We're working to revamp things and make some improvements. We are also making efforts to increase the flow of good new members and keep content as informative as possible.

Don't lose faith!
Old 01-09-2015, 01:18 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

What I've noticed is a lot of the heavy hitters don't visit the site anymore. Those are the ones that bring the most information

Reading about the same questions for Yrs makes this site old and tired

In 2015 you have as many 8s trucks now as you did 10s trucks in 2010
In 2010 you had more posting of those builds now you have none of them...the information this site nerds is from the members who run shops, build fast **** and have pushed the limits of things

You can only read the same lowering questions for so long

So maybe try and look for ways to bring the educated ones back
Old 01-09-2015, 01:40 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

It takes a lot more money to go 8s as it does 10s. Lets be honest, most guys dont want to spend $50k on a truck, and most shops wont give away their info for free...
Old 01-09-2015, 03:05 PM
Formerly ScreamingL

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Years ago everyone stated you needed a forged motor and back halved trucks for 10s

Same budget can work for 8s today that was spent Yrs ago, today 10s can be had dirt cheap

As for sharing information that's what makes a tech site, by not sharing information limits the tech

I've been in association with many shops over the Yrs sharing information...its a nice thing to be able to bounce information off others...its how we learn and move forward
Old 01-09-2015, 03:13 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A lot of the really SMART guys the did a lot of the pioneer and group work have sense moved on to other things. Many of the very tech heavy article writers aren't around any more for whatever reason. I personally know a few that just got fed up with all the idiots with deep pockets getting huge followings and thinking they know everything, then talking down to the guys who really know what they're talking about from a physics/chemistry/engineering point of view. (run on sentence, don't care)
Old 01-09-2015, 04:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys have brought up a lot of good points. When I first came here I worked my way to being one of the fastest naturally aspirated trucks on the board. There were only a couple of monsters (parish8, 2toneblown, a few more) that we looked forward to hearing stories from but most of us struggled to get in the low 13 high 12's. Funny how things change hahaa. I can't hold a candle to most of the trucks on here now but I guess that's how it goes.
Old 01-09-2015, 04:28 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

Another one of the big changes on here is that a lot more time is spent in the projects/gallery section. There is a fair amount of activity there.
Old 01-09-2015, 05:05 PM
Admin

Received 216 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by 12sec.5.3
You guys have brought up a lot of good points. When I first came here I worked my way to being one of the fastest naturally aspirated trucks on the board. There were only a couple of monsters (parish8, 2toneblown, a few more) that we looked forward to hearing stories from but most of us struggled to get in the low 13 high 12's. Funny how things change hahaa. I can't hold a candle to most of the trucks on here now but I guess that's how it goes.
I hear ya man, times change and so do the bench marks. Thing is that if guys are running 9's and 8's most lean towards dedicated drag forums. We try the best we can to balance the line if you will.

Quick Reply: This place surely isn't what it used to be...