Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Performabuilt's Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 02:23 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So I finally got my truck back today and its actually driveable!!!! Wow what a difference the right stall will make lol. I still need to get it tune but am having a hard time getting a hold of Zippy. I still need to send the old converter back and get my $400 reimbursement so we'll see how that goes.
Old 02-10-2012, 03:58 PM
On The Tree

So I just wanted to update everyone on what is going on now... I shipped the old torque converter to them on Jan. 20, they received it on Jan. 27th. I received the $400 reimbursement check on Feb.7. So they took a little longer to send me the check and didn't really tell me how I was getting it, nor did they tell me that they inspected the torque converter and that it was messed up. So I'm I was a happy guy I finally got my truck back, trans shifted kinda rough out of first gear but I thought hey its a performance trans. So on Wednesday, Feb. 8th at 5:25 p.m (exactly 3 weeks of driving on this trans) IT BREAKS!!! I was leaving from a light at about half throttle and it seemed like it violently dropped out of gear. And now when it is in drive or 3rd the engine just revs and I don't go anywhere. 1st, 2nd and reverse will let me move just fine. I call frank and he tells me "yup somethings broke". Tells me that I will have to pull it out and send it to him to see exactly what is wrong. So now I have to pay AGAIN to have it pulled out and sent to him. On the up side they are covering the cost of shipping both ways. I asked him how this could have happen with only 3 weeks of driving on it....this trans is supposedly rated to handle 700 RWHP and I'm only pushing maybe 450 to the wheels. All he can say is he has seen 200hp cars break trans that are rated for 600hp and he has seen 1000hp cars with a trans rated for 600hp and they cant seem to break it. I could maybe understand if this happened a year from now....but 3 weeks later!!!! Now my truck (only source or transportation) has to sit for at least 3 weeks while its being shipped and "fixed". At this point in time I have lost all faith in this company, customer service, and its products. Even if they fix it and I get it back I'll have this feeling that I will constantly be sitting on a ticking time bomb that will go off at any minute. I've thought about having them upgrade to a level 3 while they have it and I'd pay the difference but that still doesn't comfort me. I think my best bet is to ask for a refund and hope they will understand that it will be cheaper for them in the long run if they agree. At this point in time because of this company, their customer service and their products my truck has been sitting more than its been running since my supercharger install (which was the first week of December).
Old 02-10-2012, 04:59 PM

Man,when it rains it pours....
Old 02-10-2012, 05:14 PM
TECH Resident

That sucks man. Did you ever get it retuned?
Old 02-10-2012, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JFOLM
That sucks man. Did you ever get it retuned?
good question
Old 02-10-2012, 07:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Good luckI hope it goes well for you.

Last edited by pasadenaman; 02-10-2012 at 11:20 PM.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Team Paulie
Man,when it rains it pours....
aint that the truth
Old 02-10-2012, 08:25 PM
I have a gauge for that

Received 373 Likes on 254 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverado777
At this point in time I have lost all faith in this company, customer service, and its products. Even if they fix it and I get it back I'll have this feeling that I will constantly be sitting on a ticking time bomb that will go off at any minute.
Pretty much sums up how I feel about them in my situation. Good luck.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:35 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

This is exactly why i went with an 80 that i built myself. If it breaks i can tear it down and fix it myself and i onow exactly what is inside the case.
Old 02-10-2012, 09:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You know, I read this entire thread and it just supports exactly why people call them "Performashit". I would always read that when I would browse through (before I was a member), and I'd never attempt to go with them as a company, especially with all of the trans. builders available now with such good reputations/reviews. I hope it all works out, for ANYONE who fell into the trap of using this company.

Quick Reply: Performabuilt's Customer Service