Sponsor Feedback Report your sponsor transactions feedback here, good and/or bad!

Performabuilt's Customer Service

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2012, 04:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Performabuilt's Customer Service

First off I want to say that i know there is a better section for this information but unfortunately I haven't proven myself cool enough to post there. I'm sure this will get deleted but here it goes.

So, as some of you may know I recently put a Radix on my truck. Unfortunately a few days after that I started having issues with my transmission. So obviously I had to order a new one. I did some research and found "Performabuit Transmissions". They had a really good price and a great warranty if I bought the tranny and converter as a package. So I bit the bullet and spent just under 3K on a level 2 transmission and 2800K stall on Dec. 12. Everything seemed pretty good at first...good customer service and fast shipping. So, when I received the tranny and stall I took it down and had it installed the same day Dec. 21 (which cost about $800 btw). Once I got it back I jumped in and immediately thought that something was wrong. It was revving so high just to barely get going. The only time it would really move is when i had my foot into it. So me being unfamiliar with driving a stalled truck I took it down to Zippy (ADS) to have him check it out. I thought it was because it needed to be tuned for it to drive normal. Zippy knew with in seconds that the stall was way too loose. About 1200 rpm too loose! So instead of me getting a 2800 stall I got a 4K stall!!! Obviously not something anyone would want in a daily driven truck with a radix building boost at about 2800rpm. So I called Frank at Performabuilt on Dec.23 to tell him about my issue. He seemed like he was going to get everything taken care of but said unfortunately the shop was closed that day and wouldn't open until 10 days later on Jan.2 and that I should call back then. So, being frustrated but understanding it was the holidays and there wasn't much I could do I waited until Monday, Jan 2 to call them. I called and talked to Frank and after explaining my situation again to him he said that he forgot that the shop was closed on that day because they didn't feel the need to work since the mail wasn't running that day as well (didn't make sense to me). So he told me to call the next day and that since they would need to build me a new converter he would need to talk to the boss about covering the cost of the re-install. So patiently enough I call the very next day on Jan 3. and after explaining my situation to Frank the third time he said that the entire shop was out sick with the Flu. At that point in time I felt like I was getting jerked around. So I said I wanted to talk to the boss which Frank replied that he is unavailable due to him being the only one in the shop and he is running around. Frank suggested that I send an e-mail to him explaining the situation and asking for reimbursement for the cost of the install and he would forward it to his boss. So, I agreed and did the they very same day on Jan. 3. So, the next day and still haven't seen or heard a response from Frank or his "boss" I decided to call at 12:37p.m. mine time (2:37 their time). Frank answered and said that his boss just got my e-mail 30 min prior to me calling and hadn't had time to review it. I thought that was strange since it was sent 24hrs prior. Frank said that as soon as he hears back from his boss he would let me know. I received an e-mail yesterday saying the the converter should be shipped out today (Jan. 6) and that they usually don't reimburse for install cost but since I had this issue immediately they would cover only $400 (half) of the cost to re-install the converter. I also asked when i could expect to receive the converter and if they are going to plan on over nighting it to me. Frank replied " Thant I don't know as of right now they are hoping the parts get in to actually build it as they were not as of today (Jan. 5). These converters are custom built to your vehicle specs not off the shelf so we don't always have every combination available parts wise. I will keep you posted on progress". I have a few issues with that statement....you're a transmission shop that builds transmissions and torque converters.....how smart is it to not have the parts available to make what you sell? Especially since you specialize in mainly GM transmissions and converters. Some people know I do gauge cluster repair and LED conversion on the side, do you think anyone has ever call me wanting and LED conversion or repair and I said I couldn't help you right now because I don't have the parts instock? No! And this is something I do on the side!! Unlike them where this is their business and the reason they get paid. And its not like a 2800 stall for a 4L60e is a uncommon converter. Well its the next day Jan 6. and still no word from Frank. I sent them an e-mail at 1:44pm my time (3:44pm their time) asking for an update and stating that the lack of communication, not holding themselves accountable and owning up to a mistake that was made is not acceptable and if this is not fixed and quick that my next request will be for a full refund, including the $800 for a re-install and I will buy a transmission from Finishline. I never like to threaten with legal action but have no problem getting them involved.

Well looks like the new converter finally shipped today!! The funny thing is that I requested multiple times that it be shipped overnight due to the extended period of time I had to wait .And just like the rest of their customer service they failed....the part will probably be here towards the end of the week.

Perfomabuilt's customer service = Epic fail

So now my truck has been down and undrivable for almost a month. I'm not saying anything about the quality of Performabuilt's products and weather they are good, bad or inbetween. I am just stating my experience with them and how they have handled themselves.
Old 01-09-2012, 05:17 PM
On The Tree

Thank you for moving this to the right section.
Old 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry to hear about your fustrations, it truly sux!!

all do respect to Frank ad PB i been running the same 4l60E with tremendous abuse for 4 + years, i just hope it was the torque converter and not the transmission
Old 01-09-2012, 07:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

I feel your pain. But ive learned over the years never ever do anything close to a holiday. All it takes is one small part and your down for awhile. Ive been there, learned my lesson.

Hopefully it all works out for ya.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:03 PM
11 sec. Truck Mod

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sorry to hear your unsatisfied, that sucks for sure. The real world is 99 out of a 100 people can be happy but your the unlucky one who had a prob, i am sorry to hear that.

I reccomend that you have Zippy build your next trans since he is close to you and would be able to better help you due to location. He built me a great trans in my old 04' STS turboed Z71.
Old 01-09-2012, 08:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by TIM Z
Sorry to hear your unsatisfied, that sucks for sure. The real world is 99 out of a 100 people can be happy but your the unlucky one who had a prob, i am sorry to hear that.

I reccomend that you have Zippy build your next trans since he is close to you and would be able to better help you due to location. He built me a great trans in my old 04' STS turboed Z71.
that was ( now ) funny, as REV told me the samething when there designed to bend valve broke and distroyed my motor but it was one in 10,000

i could have lived with the springs breaking but not the valve
Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Andy @ FLT
Way to support site sponsors you ***!
Wow...uncalled for...and extremely unprofessional.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:17 PM
The House is Rockin'

Originally Posted by Andy @ FLT
Way to support site sponsors you ***!

lol wtf? thats alittle ruff.

should have pm'd tim, instead of making yourself look like a cockrod.
Old 01-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Tin Foil Hat Wearin' Fool

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Silverado777
Wow...uncalled for...and extremely unprofessional.
Makes you want to buy an FLT trans now doesn't it?
Old 01-11-2012, 03:52 PM
The House is Rockin'

lmao

Quick Reply: Performabuilt's Customer Service