PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

not a truck but it is a truck motor

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 06:45 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default not a truck but it is a truck motor

we picked up roller for pretty cheap and have been working on a 6.0/4l80e/twin set up. probably wont be running for a few more months but things are coming along.

it is starting to look like something. got the motor and tranny mounts made, motor is bolted in. got the cooling system done. the accesory system is done. the headers are mostly done. going to get dimentions for the twin throttle body t next weekend and get it on the way from intakeelbows.com. got the drain fittings welded on the pan. got the charge pipe stuff ordered up, working on some coil mounts. it is going to be a staged duel fuel 87octane/meth with no intercooler. http://www.neufamily.org/images/67no...ry/index_3.htm

the plan is to push the 6.0 till it blows. many trips to the dyno/track while bumping the power each time. watch the tune closely, monitor/log everything. it is a group project, the same group as the fairmont but it is my personal goal to push this 6.0 to it's limit. no idea if it will get there but i am hoping to get into the high 8's with the stock 6.0. seems like that would be a big deal if we can do it.

this will be a good test of a low buck duel fuel. going to run 4 36lb injectors with pump gas and 8 160lb injectors with meth. it will run on just pump gas most of the time and phase over to the meth as the power comes on. also going to try running a microsquirt to control the tranny. not sure how that part of the project works but thats what the smart guys are for going to run the emspro for the ecm. it is a juiced up megasquirt. we are also going to try and run the ignition directly with the emspro(no msd box).
Old 03-03-2008, 06:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That thing is a sexy beast!! Good luck on the quest for 8s
Old 03-03-2008, 06:52 PM
12 Second Truck Club

That thing is gonna be Nasty!!!
Old 03-03-2008, 08:40 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Another COOL project. Looks like a lot of fun to be had.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 28 Posts

Oh man, this is to cool, I'm now think about moving to NE just to be able to help you with this and be a part of it! LOL Your after my own heart, with gas AND methanol. Are you going to put the 4 gas injectors in the intake elbow, or where?
Old 03-03-2008, 09:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

I've always loved the ChevyII Wagons. One really cool project.

Edit: Makes me think of an old friends wagon i've heard stories about from back in the 80's. 327, 4 speed saginaw, skinny bias plys with the threads and the sidewalls torn loose from hard launces thus they wrinkle, and a half the rear tail gate filled with concrete. Claimed to pull the front wheels knee high on the street. He did eat many trany's though, but back then they were $40 at the scrap heap.

Last edited by TurboGibbs; 03-03-2008 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-03-2008, 09:46 PM
Moderately Differentiated

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I noticed that motor is blocking your door there. If you are still working on that new garage and just want that out of your way give me a heads up, I am sure I can move some stuff around and find a place for it.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:17 PM
single digit dreamer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dewmanshu
I noticed that motor is blocking your door there. If you are still working on that new garage and just want that out of your way give me a heads up, I am sure I can move some stuff around and find a place for it.
haha, yeah, i will sell that to you for $100. it does have a little crack in one of the cylinder walls but i am sure it is fine. we just used that to mock up with. i use the heads to hold the header flanges flat as i weld. it is all junk.

yes, we hope to put the 4 pump gas injectors in the "t". that part of the project is going to be interesting.
Old 03-03-2008, 10:34 PM
TECH Addict

That is a cool project, what interests me is the different tuning you are getting into. Can you give a brief description of how you control the 4 injectors for cruise and what you are able to set up to bring in the methanol based on MAP or lbs/min? Do you use an additional program for scanning and logging or is it all done through megasquirt?
Old 03-03-2008, 10:43 PM
TECH Addict

wat cool jim. what happened to the other project?

this one is way cooler

Quick Reply: not a truck but it is a truck motor