Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!
Old 10-01-2008, 07:13 AM
In the 12's??????

that hood looks so bad ***, and being that its a functional cowl really make it worth havin. Are you going to just paint it black or add some colors to it?
Old 10-01-2008, 08:46 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by chevythunder06
that hood looks so bad ***, and being that its a functional cowl really make it worth havin. Are you going to just paint it black or add some colors to it?
Plans are to get it just painted Black.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Joe, That is so friggin cool! Not too stealthy - but cool. R/
Old 10-01-2008, 09:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by leftcoast32
Thanks for all the great comments!!

The lines of the hood should soften a bit with the paint on it. The hood is just the black jelcoat in these pictures. We were shooting for a 1970 Chevelle SS hood on Steriods.
Awesome. It should look a bit better with paint I agree. And possibly might look better on a blue, red, or white TBSS b/c you won't have the depth that black has. At least you're doing it the right way and putting a few heat cycles on the fiberglass before you paint it so it won't crack. Great job!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:11 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by YenkoST
Awesome. It should look a bit better with paint I agree. And possibly might look better on a blue, red, or white TBSS b/c you won't have the depth that black has. At least you're doing it the right way and putting a few heat cycles on the fiberglass before you paint it so it won't crack. Great job!
I agree, I cant wait to see it with paint!! It should also look great in the other colors too!!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:15 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by dhpro
Joe, That is so friggin cool! Not too stealthy - but cool. R/
Stealth went out the window with the wheels/tires and now the hood.

I was followed most of the way to the dealership to pick it up by a Sheriff. He would speed up and get in front of me then slow down and get behind me for more then 5 miles through town.

On the way back he must have radioed his buddy who did the same thing for about 3 miles through town.

I was doing my best to keep the noise down and just put around minding my own business. They sure seemed like they wanted to pull me over to look at it. Especially when the second Sheriff was behind me with his window down. I know he could smell the race gas!!
Old 10-01-2008, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by leftcoast32
Stealth went out the window with the wheels/tires and now the hood.

I was followed most of the way to the dealership to pick it up by a Sheriff. He would speed up and get in front of me then slow down and get behind me for more then 5 miles through town.

On the way back he must have radioed his buddy who did the same thing for about 3 miles through town.

I was doing my best to keep the noise down and just put around minding my own business. They sure seemed like they wanted to pull me over to look at it. Especially when the second Sheriff was behind me with his window down. I know he could smell the race gas!!
HAHA...had the same thing happen to me...Statey followed me for 10 miles, had another guy meet me after he bailed and followed me another couple and then left me be. They each followed, passed slow with the windows down,drove in front...and mine's pretty stealthy...just sounds like an off-shore boat!
Old 10-01-2008, 12:14 PM
Staging Lane

Cool

Best TBSS I've ever seen! The look, the stance, the HOOD, excellent. I would definetly be interested in getting a similar hood. Wow.
Old 10-01-2008, 05:22 PM
Formerly Low_LQ4 - 6/6/10

Joe your TBSS keeps looking better and better.

Quick Reply: TrailBlazer SS Functional Cowl Induction Hood