Click here to visit LS1Tech
Click here to visit Performance Trucks
Click here to visit Mod Motor Tech
Click here to visit Modern Hemi

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums  

Go Back   PerformanceTrucks.net Forums > GENERAL TRUCK PERFORMANCE, PROJECTS, & GROUP DISCUSSION...specifically > SHOW & SHINE DISCUSSION
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Register Albums FAQ Members Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Vendor DirectoryUsed CarsGarageStore
Welcome to PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-30-2005, 01:07 PM   #1
Trader Rating: 0
Staging Lane

Default How-to remove center console; '02 Tahoe?

Want to hide a bunch of wiring and power packs for my strobes under my center console in my '02 Tahoe Z71. Any idea how to get it off? I opened up the CD holder flap and took out the two screws there, but that just lifts off the top part. Can't figure out how to get the "bottom" part that wraps around the sides vertically. I don't want to remove the true console that holds crap, rather merely the cover that hides the middle area by your feet and below the three cigarette lighter power sources.

Thanks!

-Matt
pushtheextreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 01:09 PM   #2
Trader Rating: 70
High on diesel fumes

Send a message via AIM to thunder550

I think you take the tub out of the big part, then there are a couple of bolts under there as well. I did it on my mom's 00 burban awhile ago, but I don't remember exactly how. Hope this helps.

2011 LML CCSB Silverado
- stock
1999 RCSB 1500 4x4 Silverado - LLY/Allison swapped - 5300 lbs - 1/2 ton running gear - Inglewood trans - MLGK converter - 3.42 gears - TrueTrac - LBZ mouthpiece - homemade EGR delete - SDP downpipe - 5" Diamond Eye exhaust - LML DS manifold - Alligator PCV reroute - PPEI tuned - Kennedy twin lift pumps & mega filter - 1500 e-fans, dccontrol fan controller - 12.97 @ 104.7, 1.87 60' on stock trans w/o lift pump
thunder550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 02:21 PM   #3
Trader Rating: 11
TECH Fanatic

Remove both front seats. Refer to Seat Replacement - Front Bucket in Seats. Remove the console bezel. Refer to Bezel Replacement - Floor Console .

Remove the two bolts (1) attaching the floor console to the front extension. Remove the bolt (2) attaching the floor console to the subwoofer box, if equipped. Lift up the console assembly from the floor studs and move rearwards to gain access to the wire harness connector. Disconnect the wire connector.
  1. Remove the console assembly (3) from the vehicle.
Removal Procedure

1. Open the console lid. Remove the storage bin retaining screws (1). Lift the storage bin out partially. Disconnect the electrical connectors.
  2. Lift the storage bin out of the console.
Removal Procedure

1. Remove the floor console upper bezel by firmly pulling on the corners. Important: The ashtray lid and cupholder lid must be in the open position.

Open the ashtray lid (1) and cupholder lid (2) Open the center console storage lid. Gently pull on the front part of the bezel to release the retainers. Pull out the bezel partially to gain access to the wire connectors. disconnect the wire connectors.
  2. Remove the lower bezel from the center console.
Installation Procedure
  1. Important: The ashtray lid (1) and cupholder lid (2) must be in the open position.

Open the ashtray lid (1) and cupholder lid (2). Partially install the bezel. Connect the electrical connectors. Install the lower bezel to the console. Push on the corners until the retainers are fully seated in place.

Align the locating pins (1) on the upper bezel.
  2. Press in on the bezel until all retaining clips are fully seated.
Green Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 05:00 PM   #4
Staging Lane

Wow! Great instructions, thanks.

Much appreciated.

-Matt
Old 05-30-2005, 05:34 PM   #5
Trader Rating: 11
TECH Fanatic

Glad I could help..
Green Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 05:52 PM   #6
TECH Regular

What Are You Going To Do With That Piece That You Remove From Your Truck. Im Interested In Buing It If You Want To Sell It. Later
You Can Call Me At 505-615-0115 Robert.
Rob'sGMCSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 10:05 PM   #7
Staging Lane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob'sGMCSS
What Are You Going To Do With That Piece That You Remove From Your Truck. Im Interested In Buing It If You Want To Sell It. Later
You Can Call Me At 505-615-0115 Robert.
Sorry man, not selling it. Just want to remove it to get everything in the empty spot under it, then it's going right back on.

Can't wait to get the install done!

-Matt
Old 05-30-2005, 10:48 PM   #8
TECH Regular

Oh, If You Know Anyone With A Center Piece That Goes From The Console To The Dash Of A 01 Or 02 Chevy Let Me Know I'll Get It. Thanks
Rob'sGMCSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2005, 11:48 PM   #9
SIN
Staging Lane

Send a message via AIM to SIN Send a message via MSN to SIN

Good instructions. That's actually for a 01/02 Denali and an 02 Escalade. The 02 Tahoe isn't half that involved. The bolts are at the very bottom of the console underneath a "flap". I believe there's 4 bolts...been a few years since I removed mine for a Denali console.
SIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2005, 01:47 AM   #10
Staging Lane

Yes, I saw that, but it still helped to get somewhat of a visual on the console.

Rob: If you're looking for the console check eBay, there's always a number of them available, and relatively cheap last time I checked.

-Matt
Old 05-31-2005, 01:47 AM
PerformanceTrucks
Ford F150

Paid Advertisement

Tags
02, 2002, 2003, assembly, center, ceter, chevy, console, denali, lid, removal, remove, removing, silveradotahoe, strobes, tahoe