PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project Silver Bullet!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2017, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a new A/C line made that moves the A/C line way out of the way and makes a ton of room for a turbo! put some heat sleeving on it and installed it.

comparison between old line and new line
got a 120 degree fitting and a 45 degree to direct it away from area where the turbine will be located

added some heat sleeving

zblee
Old 02-19-2017, 09:22 PM
Launching!

dropped my 60e out today, making room for 80e!

truck has 115k miles so figured this would be good time to replace the rear main seal. just bought the entire rear cover. it came with bolts, seal, rear main cover and gasket for like $60

and the new flexplate is on . ready for new tranny now!

next just need to bolt up the 80e and driveshaft , run new cooler lines to the cooler up front, rewire the harness so it will work with 80e, do segment swap in hptuners and test drive it.

_zblee
Old 02-19-2017, 10:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

That jack/jack stand situation looks scary.

I bought the 12 tonners because myself as I didn't want any accidents.
Old 02-19-2017, 10:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by GMCtrk
That jack/jack stand situation looks scary.

I bought the 12 tonners because myself as I didn't want any accidents.
yeah ive never had my truck so high haha! Really wanted the tranny to be able to roll out and mission accomplished! Those are 12 ton'ers on the front and some 16" ones on blocks in the back but it is fine , front is only about 5-8" higher than in the front

_zblee
Old 02-27-2017, 11:37 AM
Launching!

Got my 80e installed and running. my first transmission swap was a success.

Here I am repining the harness to work with the 80e and pulled out two wires that are not used and used these for the second VSS input.

those wires that were used for the vss need to get moved at the PCM too, here i am moving the wires around in the pcm .

Pulled the factory hard cooler lines out and made some of these ptfe coated stainless braided -6AN lines and covered them in heat sleeve (same that was used for heater core lines and A/C line)

attaching the lines to the trucool

ran the lines about the same way the factory lines were ran. there is enough slack so that i can push them up over the ear on the bellhousing in case i need to move them out of the way when the downpipe / crossover exhaust is installed.

next up on the list - install the turbo kit!!

_zblee
Old 02-27-2017, 03:55 PM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Got a link to the sleeve you used on the transmission lines?
Old 02-27-2017, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by treylittlefield
Got a link to the sleeve you used on the transmission lines?
Its made by a company called heat shield products and the sleeve is their hot rod sleeve. i used a quantity of two of part number 204012 (1/2" x 10ft) . rated for 1100 F continuous and 2000 F intermittent . for -6 i would recommend no smaller than the 1/2" part# i mention. it fits over the -6 line loosely but if you go any smaller it would be a huge PITA to install - its already a pain running this as long as i did. as you pull the sleeve it tightens up so you can only pull a short bit at a time over the line, the further you get the more you have to pull over and harder it gets... im not sure if that will make sense

_zblee
Old 02-28-2017, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

sub'd. curious to see what you put down with the boosted setup. Nice build dude.
Old 03-07-2017, 02:57 PM
Launching!

started bolting up the hotside in preparation for the rest of the exhaust system to be fitted to the downpipe (going to the shop on wednesday 3/8)

going to have the wastegate dumped to atmosphere for the moment. if i decide it is too loud i will have it fitted back into the downpipe later.

i need to reroute my water hoses where they exit/enter the water pump as they are currently sitting on the wastegate.

_zblee
Old 03-08-2017, 11:37 AM
Launching!

when i first purchased the truck i noticed that the passenger rear leaf spring shackle had been previously broken and welded back together . i am unsure why they decided to do this instead of just replacing the bracket (im sure it was because of $$$). well when i was pulling my exhaust off i noticed that the weld is no longer holding the bracket together and has completely broken apart. i have actually been driving the truck for some time (unknown how long) while this was broken. im glad no more damage occurred. replacing with new bracket now

I was able to mock up the rest of the cold side. got the compressor on and routed all the cold piping. everything appears to be fitting fine except i just need a different coupler to fit to the compressor outlet.

truck just got dropped off to get the exhaust welded together and some other small things done.

when i get it back its time to finish everything else up!

need to install
-injectors
-map sensor
-wire up boost controller solenoid
-run reference lines to wastegate/solenoid/bov/cutout
-wire/plumb in flex sensor
-install oil feed/return lines
-run maf wiring to new location
-get hotside ceramic coated

_zblee

Quick Reply: Project Silver Bullet!