PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

Project Silver Bullet!

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2016, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by montecarloss
I only had experience with KBracing and would highly recommend him. Truck looks great man and your doing a great job.
Thanks! still trying to figure out at the moment how i want to secure the new walbro 450 pump in the stock fuel bucket. ive got the wiring done, the fuel tube and the filter but have not decided on how I wanted to secure the pump. I was thinking of getting some plastic, suitable for submersing in gasoline/e85, and cut out a bracket that slides down around the pump so it will sit center and has a piece that pushes up against the fuel bucket top so it does not slide up and off the pump. Or just two stainless zip ties pulling against each other to hold it center...just think the zip ties looks like **** but its not like you can see it anyways...

_zblee
Old 11-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Launching!

Got my gauges wired up this weekend! I put the gauges in a pod up above the rear view mirror. Because of the location none of the wires were long enough. The harness from the sensor to the gauge was not long enough nor was the power harness. I had to extend each wire so they were long enough :/ . This took forever but I finally got it done. the gauges have a screw on cop that is a bit larger than the gauge body and therefor they did not fit flush with the pod so i had to dremel out part of the plastic on the pods so the gauge could sit evenly.

Extending the power harnesses and the sensor harnesses

extended part crimped and heatshrinked

power wires ready to get hooked up to distributed fuse box I added (will take pics of this too)

so many wires coming up through the a-pillar and across the headliner

more wires!

testing them to make sure they wired up correctly. all good to go!

gauge fitment before trimming

and after trimming

pic of where i trimmed

and finally installed!

_Zblee
Old 11-08-2016, 01:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 343 Likes on 263 Posts

Nice, Looks good!
Old 11-12-2016, 03:45 PM
Launching!

Got this guy mounted so I could measure for hoses..

_zblee
Old 11-19-2016, 06:05 PM
Launching!

Got my walbro 450 and bucket installed along with the racetronix harness for powa!

Here is the assembled bucket.

secured the pump with a hose clamp. this actually did not fit into the tank. I went to install and did not realize that the hole in the top of the tank is just slightly larger than the bucket. had to relocate the holes for the clamp to the area under the fuel level sensor. slid right in after that adjustment

here shows my PTFE convoluted tubing for the fuel supply from the tank secured with clamps.

and updating the truck wiring to use the newer delphi 280 connectors. here i snipped off the old connector and put on new terminals plugs and plugged these into the new connector that connects to the ractronix harness.

truck fires up and fuel pressure regulator appears to be holding the pressure where it should be. only issue so far is that now my fuel gauge is off by 1/4 tank. just filled it up and says 3/4 tank when its actually full. not sure what is going on with that. baah its always something

_zblee
Old 11-21-2016, 03:10 PM
Launching!

When I got my turbo I dropped it off over at Full-Race to get the marmon exhaust fitting changed to a 3" vband and also had them paint the compressor black. turned out real nice!

When i picked this up today I dropped off my aluminum coolant reservoir tank off to get the same black coating to match

_Zblee
Old 12-13-2016, 09:35 PM
Launching!

this has been bugging me for a while. a few of the bulbs are burnt out in my cluster and so there are some dark spots. I finally ordered some bulbs of ebay and got them installed today. looks much better now

Before

After

ended up changing 4 bulbs

_zblee
Old 12-17-2016, 06:09 PM
Launching!

Got my catch can installed. went with the PCV mighty mouse can. i have a -10 ptfe hose coming from the passenger valve cover via the oil filler. then -6 regular hose going out the clean side to the intake mani. blocked off the vents that normally get fresh air at the throttle body and put an air filter to atmosphere on the driver side rear vent (where the stock pcv valve goes).

next time i change the oil ill see if anything drains out of the can. pulling the factory PCV tube showed no excess oil so i think it was relatively clean to begin with.

_zblee
Old 12-27-2016, 03:27 PM
Launching!

Here is a picture of my fuse panel that I added for additional electronics. There are two seperate busses. one is connected to always on 12v and the other is wired to switched 12v. My three aem gauges are hooked up to both the always hot and the switched power. I just installed my eboost2 and have it hooked up to the fourth connection for the switched power. I have 1 slow left for switched power and 2 slots for always hot power.

This is screwed to the wire box just up and to the left of the brake pedal against the firewall.

_zblee
Old 01-31-2017, 03:01 PM
Launching!

picked up a coolant tank from pt member atomic. had someone local weld it together for me and sent it off to get coated black. bought some new heater hose, y connector, and heat sleeve from summit and finally got it all together over the weekend. hardest part was getting the damned quick connectors off the heater core input/outputs. now that the tank is installed there is a lot more room for turbo! next up is getting an extended A/C hose so it runs along the fender like the heater hoses.

_zblee

Quick Reply: Project Silver Bullet!