PROJECTS GALLERY Vehicle builds | Engine Swaps | Conversions | Installation write ups |

03 Tan Sierra

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 07:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

AINT IT FUN Ha I was just tellin my buddy that I was gonna install the gauges and he gave me $H@! cuz its still gonna be a month or two before I do the turbo soo I guess I might hold off on the pillar and gauges and just mount the Uego down low for now so that I can tune it (just waiting on the springs to be able to do the cam swap).

So OAKLEY i'm not sure when I'll get the pillar and all the gauges installed. Do you know if you can paint these pillars? It doesn't match my interior...
Old 04-16-2013, 08:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Why would you wait? The gauge measures vac too...

Yes you can paint the pillar. A while ago, I sprayed a few interior pieces with plastidip and I really like how it looks. I painted both pillars so I'm just going to hit the autometer pillar with it and it will match. If I wasn't up at school, I would have the gauges done even though I don't have a nitrous kit yet.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We'll see. I'll might do them. Just kind of weird having 500 dollars of gauges to monitor a.... stock 4.8
Old 04-25-2013, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well im slowly having parts trickle in. waiting on valve springs so I can do the cam swap. got hp tuners pro, and went to install my helper bags but I need longer u-bolts, which came in on Wednesday thanks to the generosity of member titled splinter. THANKS AGAIN.

Name:  IMG_1183.jpg
Views: 323
Size:  54.7 KB

So plans are to do the cam swap, tune it, install a trucool 40k and 3000 stall. Stock48 recommended a proyank 3000. I looked on their website and saw a couple stalls that were 3000rpm. Anyone have any suggestions based on the fact that this is just gonna be a fun, quick, street truck?
Old 05-20-2013, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well its been a while since I've had time to post my progress, but some stuff has still gotten done. I got my valve springs in the other week thanks to stock48, and splinter sent me a set of longer U-bolts he had lying around (THANKS MAN) so I was able to the get the McGaughy helper bags installed and plumbed. I can't wait to try them out Friday. I also wired up the lights for my boost and fuel pressure gauge to the dimmer switch on the dash. When I get home I'll get the wideband hooked up and the gauge pillar painted and installed.

Probably the coolest thing, in my opinion has been tuning with HPTuners. I did a little bit of tuning a year ago on a quad engine I fuel injected using MicroSquirt, but I learn new things every day. ITS AWESOME. So far I've removed torque management, changed shift points, shift times, and have my VE table dialed in pretty good with the stft, now I just need to drive enough to get the ltft done. Then it'll be onto tuning the MAF, PE, spark, etc...

Name:  gauges.jpg
Views: 336
Size:  54.3 KB
Name:  helperbaginstalled.jpg
Views: 342
Size:  50.8 KB
Name:  passengersidehelper.jpg
Views: 330
Size:  64.6 KB
Name:  gascap.jpg
Views: 331
Size:  40.3 KB
Old 05-20-2013, 07:18 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were can i get those gauges and pillar? SO sweeeeeeeet!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I just got them off of summit. the AFR is the AEM eugo with the white face gauge and the boost and fuel pressure gauges are Autometer PN ATM-4301 and ATM 4363 respectively. They're 2 1/16" gauges and the pillar is autometer as well, PN ATM-17105. Unfortunately the boost gauge is only going to be showing vacuum for a little while, and that's NO FUN HA.

Anyone have recommendations for a 3" single in/single out muffler? Round or Oval? Overall length suggestions... I want to go with a a magnaflow that is louder than stock, but not ridiculously loud when cruising. WOT I don't care how loud it is, plus its gonna end up with an electric cutout
Old 05-21-2013, 01:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If it is going to have a cut out, I would get the biggest magnaflow you can fit.
Old 05-21-2013, 06:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If I do is it gonna sound any better/be even a little louder than stock? I was looking at the 19-22" overall length XL magnaflows...
Old 05-21-2013, 09:38 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dude where did you get that valve for the helper bags? oh and about the muffle i have a cooks 3in race muffler and i love it.

Quick Reply: 03 Tan Sierra