Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

P1133/p1153

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by budhayes3
It could be a sign of a couple of things, but since you're getting the O2 codes I'll bet that they're related. Best bet is to get a scan tool or some tuning software hooked up and watch the O2 sensor activity. Your sensors could be contaminated by the RTV, or it may be a problem with the headers releasing too much heat for the O2's to get warm enough to function properly.
i don't think that is going to be possible seeing as justin from black bear performance won't be around for a while near me. if my o2's were not functioning properly when he was tuning my truck in august, i would think he would see that, no? if it were the headers i would have think the code would have thrown right after i had the headers on. not almost 2 months later. i'm not sure tho, just trying to think of possibilities.
Old 09-24-2009, 11:19 AM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbakutz
i don't think that is going to be possible seeing as justin from black bear performance won't be around for a while near me. if my o2's were not functioning properly when he was tuning my truck in august, i would think he would see that, no? if it were the headers i would have think the code would have thrown right after i had the headers on. not almost 2 months later. i'm not sure tho, just trying to think of possibilities.
The O2 could have gone bad since the tune...do you have one code or both? If only one code, swap the sensors side to side and see if the code follows
Old 09-24-2009, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by budhayes3
The O2 could have gone bad since the tune...do you have one code or both? If only one code, swap the sensors side to side and see if the code follows
it said i had two codes but the only number that popped up was p1133. i'm going to swap them out side to side and see what happens. p1133 is bank 1 i was told. is that the drivers or passenger side?
Old 09-24-2009, 08:35 PM
PT's Slowest Truck

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bubbakutz
it said i had two codes but the only number that popped up was p1133. i'm going to swap them out side to side and see what happens. p1133 is bank 1 i was told. is that the drivers or passenger side?
Bank1 is the driver's side

2 codes...maybe one code is pending or in history, may be related...
Old 09-24-2009, 11:33 PM
Staging Lane

cool thanks buddy. i'm gonna check it out the weekend.