Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Emission failed

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2016, 04:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Emission failed

Failed emission yesterday say drive cycle evaporated system and oxygen sensor not completely. What we can do? I haven't drive about one week. It been pass emission for 10 years. After turbo and tuned installed start fail emission. No cel
Attached Thumbnails Emission failed-image.jpeg  
Old 09-01-2016, 05:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Look this. I'm from GA THAT require to pass emission
Old 09-01-2016, 05:30 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

These are the readiness indicators. In GA, you can only have 1 readiness test that is not ready and still pass. If you have 2, then you failed (as you stated).

You have to complete a drive cycle. Link is below:

General Motors Driving Cycle

After you complete the drive cycle, take it back to the same testing station and ask him to do a "readiness check". It shouldn't cost a thing and it will tell you which readiness tests are green (ready) or red (not ready). If you have only 1 that is "not ready", then you will pass and ask him to retest it (free for a retest).
Old 09-01-2016, 07:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by madmann26
These are the readiness indicators. In GA, you can only have 1 readiness test that is not ready and still pass. If you have 2, then you failed (as you stated).

You have to complete a drive cycle. Link is below:

General Motors Driving Cycle

After you complete the drive cycle, take it back to the same testing station and ask him to do a "readiness check". It shouldn't cost a thing and it will tell you which readiness tests are green (ready) or red (not ready). If you have only 1 that is "not ready", then you will pass and ask him to retest it (free for a retest).
Yeah need drive more that right?
Old 09-01-2016, 07:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 371 Likes on 299 Posts

Originally Posted by Go5.3tt06
Yeah need drive more that right?
Correct.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 303 Likes on 220 Posts

do you have a 160 thermostat?
Old 09-05-2016, 09:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

I never replaxe tstat. It been factory gm sinc I bought truck brand new past in 2006. Wait on the guy tuner will
Come this Saturday to see what's going on
Old 09-07-2016, 01:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I had that on my stock '03 Suburban. I replaced all the stuff in the evap system that normally caused issues. Finally had to build a smoke tester out of a 5 gallon bucket a shop vac and a cigar. Turned out that there was a nipple broken off the charcoal canister right next to the transmission output shaft. Probably got broken with the trans was rebuilt last year. Put the new canister on and a new filter solenoid, it was bad too. Drove it about 45 minutes checking with the scan tool. Once it showed good I went straight to the inspection place. Good to go now. It also helped me find a very slight intake leak. Gasket was failing at the head surface on #1, and #2. Look on YouTube for how to do it, super easy.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:48 PM

Received 61 Likes on 60 Posts

My guess is not a lack of driving but that not all codes were properly turned off after the new tune. Check back with your tuner to make sure they are all off.

I think when you haven't driven enough none of the readiness tests will read complete. Once you turn off ALL the codes for your O2 sensors you will not have a SES light and you will pass the O2 readiness test and be on your merry way.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Vortec350ss
My guess is not a lack of driving but that not all codes were properly turned off after the new tune. Check back with your tuner to make sure they are all off.

I think when you haven't driven enough none of the readiness tests will read complete. Once you turn off ALL the codes for your O2 sensors you will not have a SES light and you will pass the O2 readiness test and be on your merry way.
Yes your right I didn't drive that much need drive more. I been use GMC Sierra for daily driver. My tuner will come this sat to check mine

Quick Reply: Emission failed