Notices
GM Engine & Exhaust Performance EFI | GEN I/GEN II/GEN III/GEN IV Engines |Small Block | Big Block |
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

anyone run the WCCH Stage II heads for 5.3?

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2012, 09:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default anyone run the WCCH Stage II heads for 5.3?

I haven't looked at their site in a while and I notice they have a new option for the 5.3. I have always wanted the Edlebrocks but the price is a bit hefty @ $2300+. The stage II are like $900 after core return. Just curious if anyone has any experience with them.
Old 04-20-2012, 01:43 PM
Un-Registered User

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Bumping this up. Looking at the same heads. Would like more info.
Old 04-20-2012, 02:35 PM
TECH Resident

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

There is a set or PRC 5.3 stg 2.5 heads for sale in classifieds. FYI.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:42 PM
TECH Resident

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I recieved an email from Richard after requesting flow data. He said he is still putting together flow ata but that these heads arent far off from the Edlebrock casting. He said the main advantage of the Edlebrock casting is you can go to a larger valve size is you want.

I think I will be getting these new machined heads instead of the edlebrocks when Im ready.
Old 05-09-2012, 06:31 PM
Un-Registered User

Well, I just dropped my castings off to get them done. Haven't found a lot of info on them but, they seem promising.
Old 05-09-2012, 07:10 PM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

There not even officially out yet... There is pricing listed Because so many people have asked for them and the design and testing has been done. But he still needs to put the final revision on the flow bench to get official numbers.

They have been in the works for a while but other Special projects have come up that take up alot of his time.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:06 AM
Un-Registered User

Originally Posted by 1FastBrick
There not even officially out yet... There is pricing listed Because so many people have asked for them and the design and testing has been done. But he still needs to put the final revision on the flow bench to get official numbers.

They have been in the works for a while but other Special projects have come up that take up alot of his time.
Well, from what I saw when I went up there today, they are not "fully machined". They are partially machined on the intake and look fully machined on the exhaust. The bowls are blended and look nice. The combustion chambers however are not touched (was told that they don't want to lose compression). They put some nice valves (larger intake) and a nice valve job. Seems to be a good entry level head. I'll take pics of them when I get them and if they don't mind I'll post them up. I opted for the 2.00 intake valve. I won't be able to get good Dyno numbers for a while due to the fact I'm still building the motor and it's gonna be a task to get into the 61.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:13 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Im running his stage II 6.0 heads and love em. Perform very well. I would expect his 5.3L heads to perform just as well. WCCH FTW.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:38 AM
Un-Registered User

Originally Posted by AndysC3
Im running his stage II 6.0 heads and love em. Perform very well. I would expect his 5.3L heads to perform just as well. WCCH FTW.
If I'm not mistaken, the 6.0 heads are fully machined though. I'm not questioning if they perform, just wanting some data with a Dyno result or some flow results. They know there stuff and put out a good product. I gave them my heads today and didn't question it.
Old 05-10-2012, 03:37 AM
Custm2500's Rude Friend

Received 761 Likes on 630 Posts

If they were fully assembled with dual gold springs they might be my set. Other wise those would be one of the prototype heads. The reason they appear that way on the intake side on the 862 casting is because of core shift. This is something he has been fighting in order to maintain consistency on his product. It is one of the toughest things with this particular casting. The 706 castings are more consistent but they have a bad rap because some of them had porosity issues causing them to leak.

Rest assured the final product is worth the wait from WCCH. He is one of the few cylinder head guys who has 100% control over his products. He won't sale you something you don't need and he doesn't have to go out and pedal his products. His products speak for them selfs.

You will be pleased with your decision once you get the final product.

Quick Reply: anyone run the WCCH Stage II heads for 5.3?