You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!
So yesterday I decided to knock out the knock sensors and get it out of the way. I pulled the intake manifold off and was amazed to find half of Texas under it. So now I can see why my knock sensors where throwing a code.
So I took a shop vac, cleaned as much of it off as possible and began removing the knock sensors. The front came out no problem. The rear had to be drilled and extracted. . 2 beers later and after taking gm's name in vein I started to re assemble and install the new sensors (which was not a problem). I also took a bead of high temp silicone and drew a moon shape around the opening of the back knock sensor with the opening towards the rear of the block. (this was in a bulletin for replacing the knock sensor). I also Took the foam blocks out of the intake manifold (as shown below. The white arrow shows the foam block and black shows the block already removed) This would allow drainage of water and the rest of texas from collecting back up on the block.
With everything back together I cranked it up and surprise! no more trouble code! Now I shall think twice before going through mud.
Ha thats funny, Mine looked like a squirrel had been living under my intake. He chewed through my foam insulation and had a nice little nest with about 10,000 acorn shells piled up. I sealed my knock sensors with a little silicone and left the pads out so I could clean it alittle easier this time.