FORCED INDUCTION Turbos | Superchargers | Intercoolers | H2O/Meth Injection

2015 5.3 Silverado Build (blower/cam) pics/video

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2016, 12:38 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2015 5.3 Silverado Build (blower/cam) pics/video

I bought my 15 in Oct. 2015 and immediately starting modding. I'd say it was last month when I finished up and now I want to share my build. I'll go in order of when items were installed. The truck dyno'ed at 299 stock. With Whipple (4.375 pulley) and ARH it hit 440whp. Did a pulley swap to the 4inch pulley, installed the LT4 cam, LT1 injectors and the truck hit 503whp. Last upgrade on my list is a set of Michelin tires and a 103 throttle body.

15% tint
10inch GM kicker subwoffer
Wilwood BBK
6 pistons with 16 inch front rotors
4 pistons with 14.25 in rear rotors
this kit will throw you through the windshield

1 & 7/8 American Racing Headers w/cats

Whipple 2.9 w/4.375 pulley

Hellwig front & rear sway bars
these really help with higher speed turns and tighten up the steering a good amount. Note, for the rear you need longer end links than what the kit came to make the sway bar parallel to the ground. For the front you need plates that Hellwig makes for the front but they don't include them automatically. I called and Hellwig shipped them immediately for free when I called about them.

Elite Engineering dual catch can kit
I have one can cleaning between the valley plate and blower, the other is cleaning off the drivers side valve cover.

Corsa sport exhaust
For me this exhaust is to loud with headers and a blower and had a ton of drone. I'm into loud, big muscle sounding V8's but this was over the top for a DD. I fixed it by adding a 18inch long, 3inch through Magnaflow resonator for volume and a j-pipe for drone.

cold start with corsa, without resonator or j-pipe

down shifts with corsa without resonator or j-pipe
Magnaflow and J-pipe

high country grille, tow hooks and black bow ties
i even modded my LTZ badge to fit

LT4 Cam, LT1 injectors, Manley pushrods and dual valve spring kit, 4inch pulley and belt, Whipple boost guage and more tuning. The LT4 cam was a perfect choice for my boosted DD truck since it is spec'd for a blower coming out of the Z06, it keeps VVT which gives a ton of low end punch and eliminated the boost lag and helps move that boost pressure out the whole that the baby NA cam that came stock. It adds a tiny bit lump at idle since the idle is set around 750. Once all was installed we were having a fueling issue up top and we found out there is a restrictor valve in the inlet pipe between the fuel feed and the high pressure fuel pump. It has a .165" inlet (roughly half the size of the actual fuel line) and 4x .080" outlets with a small ball and spring valve. To get a reference that is a standard .99c BIC pen next to it. This inlet is way too small to support the horsepower was after and I honestly don't know how the factory gets by at even 300hp. So i had a custom fuel line made eliminating the restriction

since i don't have a 4x4 the gauge had a perfect spot. i bought the 4x4 gauge panel for $22 and used my dremel to widen the whole then installed the gauge.

warm idle with resonator and j pipe

cold start with resonator and j-pipe

HID low beam and fog lights

Last edited by KB Silverado; 07-22-2016 at 11:19 PM.
The following users liked this post:
BlkHwk (05-09-2017)
Old 07-21-2016, 08:24 AM
TECH Regular

very nice.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:08 AM
Det
Staging Lane

Damn. You got one hell of a setup. Those brakes are nice.
Old 07-21-2016, 09:25 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Great taste in mods,the truck is totaly done right.excellent build post.Thanks for sharing all your info.

Old 07-21-2016, 09:29 AM
TECH Veteran

The last Idle pic you fired with the remote start,was it with the magnaflow and J pipe?

It sounded fantastic,you mostly hear the headers.How much header noise comes in the cab normal driving?
Old 07-21-2016, 10:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Det
Damn. You got one hell of a setup. Those brakes are nice.
thanks, I remember installing those as my first perfomrance mod and everyone asking why I needed such big brakes, one guy over 4th of July that didn't know about the other mods actually laughed when he saw them as he thought it was overkill. well i took him for a ride and about snapped his neck nailing the gas and he quickly realized i needed every bit of those brakes

Originally Posted by gonzo 6.2
The last Idle pic you fired with the remote start,was it with the magnaflow and J pipe?

It sounded fantastic,you mostly hear the headers.How much header noise comes in the cab normal driving?
yes that is with the j pipe and magnaflow. the truck lasted one week wit the corsa before those were added. actually cruising the interior noise is almost zero. i'll post a video nailing it with the windows down and cruising with the windows up so you can hear how quite it is.
Old 07-21-2016, 10:53 AM
TECH Veteran

All videos nailing it are welcome here!

Was there a pic of J pipe installed that I may have missed?
Old 07-21-2016, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice work! That thing has gotta be a blast for daily driving.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

What is the part numbers for the injectors and LT4 camshaft? Going Boosted in my 2014 RCSB

RT
Old 07-22-2016, 12:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 61 Likes on 49 Posts

Awesome build man.

Can you list the part numbers for cam, injectors and brake kit?

Quick Reply: 2015 5.3 Silverado Build (blower/cam) pics/video