Events & Show Discussion Races | Events | Shows

TX2K13 Official: Who's going?

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2013, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Theres a group of about 10-12 of us making the ride over from Baton Rouge friday. If anyone can give us some "to do's" and "not to do's", as this is all of our first time here, please let me know.
Old 02-13-2013, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by carbongmc
Theres a group of about 10-12 of us making the ride over from Baton Rouge friday. If anyone can give us some "to do's" and "not to do's", as this is all of our first time here, please let me know.
Where will y'all be staying? I'm afraid we may get kicked out of our room on Friday at the Omni.

As for do's, do everything that sounds interesting. It's all fun. I'll know more here by the beginning of March. Like street meets and what not. For those interested I'll only be disclosing those via PM because the cops will definitely be trolling the forums.

There's not really any do nots. Spend as much time as possible at the Onni parking garage. As far as I know, all the plans transpire there.

04BlackChevy (Shane) where the hell are you?

Last edited by Gray Ghost Silverado; 02-21-2013 at 04:20 PM.
Old 02-21-2013, 02:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Gray Ghost Silverado
Where will y'all be staying? I'm afraid we may get kicked out of our room on Friday at the Omni.

As for do's, do everything that sounds interesting. It's all fun. I'll know more here by the beginning of March. Like street meets and what not. For those interested I'll only be disclosing those via PM because the cops will definitely be trolling the forums.

There's not really any do nots. Spend as much time as possible at the Onni parking garage. As far as I know, all the plans transpire there.

04BlackGMC (Shane) where the hell are you?
Exactly this ^^^

I'm staying at the omni as well. It usually gets pretty rowdy around there. The parking garage is alot of fun but supposedly they are going to crack down alot more this year and have parking passes and whatnot. Even a guard checking your hotel info. This is just what I hear. Nothing set in stone.

Friday is dyno day at Hennessey Performance/ Lone Star raceway or whatever. It's a **** load of fun and it's also a HUGE car meet as well.
Saturday is track/drag racing day. Once again, an awesome time and ridiculous cars as far as the eye can see. The night meet will be at Hennessey as well this year. I think we're going to skip that this year though to go eat at a good restaurant and take advantage of the good parking spots while everyone is gone.

As for racing... driving up and down I-10 it's impossible to not find something fun to mess with. The high HP guys usually do their own thing however and you'll only hear them racing around lol. They will block parking lots/etc just so the ricers or pre 800hp cars don't follow them. It gets crazy man. It's definitely a good time.

Glad to see that more truck guys are making it out. I'll have to meet up with you guys out there!
Old 02-21-2013, 04:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by f4tal
Exactly this ^^^

I'm staying at the omni as well. It usually gets pretty rowdy around there. The parking garage is alot of fun but supposedly they are going to crack down alot more this year and have parking passes and whatnot. Even a guard checking your hotel info. This is just what I hear. Nothing set in stone.

Friday is dyno day at Hennessey Performance/ Lone Star raceway or whatever. It's a **** load of fun and it's also a HUGE car meet as well.
Saturday is track/drag racing day. Once again, an awesome time and ridiculous cars as far as the eye can see. The night meet will be at Hennessey as well this year. I think we're going to skip that this year though to go eat at a good restaurant and take advantage of the good parking spots while everyone is gone.

As for racing... driving up and down I-10 it's impossible to not find something fun to mess with. The high HP guys usually do their own thing however and you'll only hear them racing around lol. They will block parking lots/etc just so the ricers or pre 800hp cars don't follow them. It gets crazy man. It's definitely a good time.

Glad to see that more truck guys are making it out. I'll have to meet up with you guys out there!
PM sent.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:14 AM
Teching In

Any ideal how much the 4 day event pass cost?
Old 03-04-2013, 11:34 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by fastlane01
Any ideal how much the 4 day event pass cost?
It's probably the same as last year. I can't remember but I think it's $60.00 for the whole event. Or 35.00 for one day. Something like that.
Old 03-04-2013, 11:38 AM
TECH Apprentice

By the way guys if anyone is in need of tuning help, or needs a good street tune for their GM ride, come find me in the Omni parking Garage. I'll have my laptop and cable there.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We are staying at the Marriot down the road from Omni. Not sure how many people there will be now, but I have 3 rooms reserved.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ill be there Friday-Sunday
changing to a dual pump setup the single 255 dropped fuel pressure at 4k. be racing as much as i can.
Hit me uo with any spots yall will be meeting up, my cousin owns 510 Race Engineering and is pretty much knows what goes on where but woulnt mind meeting some new people
Old 03-11-2013, 04:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

PM me what is going on, that you know of so far.

Quick Reply: TX2K13 Official: Who's going?