Drag Racing Fastest Truck List inside, sortable for any make/model/engine listed.
TIME SLIP DATABASE

Casper sets the bar once again on a 5.3L

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 01:25 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Alright... Fair enough. I guess I missed that. Thanks... still doesn't add up, bet all that's going thru a stock 60E and 10bolt too... Lol...
Old 08-20-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by silver-mod-o
Alright... Fair enough. I guess I missed that. Thanks... still doesn't add up, bet all that's going thru a stock 60E and 10bolt too... Lol...
No problem it happens. I think his whole "only" statement goes for under the hood but again thats just what I think. Hopefully he can shime in and end some of the confusion. I do see your point though.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:37 PM
Teching In

nope truck has built tranny cause we all know a stock tranny will not hold. and it goes with an eaton on 373s. but all this he was sayin its a 5.3 stock cubes with a cam and stock heads i got some $$$$ saying that is his setup!!!!!!
Old 08-20-2008, 02:45 PM
9 Second Club

WOW!!! stock motor??? I've never heard anything like it.

but there's a couple glitches in your story (as always)

so its a STOCK 5.3 with just a tune and turbos??
but in your vid it all the sudden it turns into a cammed 5.3 with a 75 shot??? what gives? no fueling upgrades? did you do the "extra cubes" mod??

anyway... its probably bigger than you say, with more spray than you say... but you do you, and have a good time doing it LOL...
On that run it was 16 psi of boost and a 75 shot "TNT kit" and i didnt spray off the line eather because it does not hook at all. and on my first post i was stating that the hp and tq that i got on the dyno was on boost only no spray. i have mention before that i do spray the truck and use meth as well but i never run both at the same time, eather nitrous or meth. the truck has STOCK internals other then cam,springs,push rods and crank pulley.if you want a list of things that i've done to the truck i'll be more then welcome to do so. i dont have a reason to lie
no i broke my diff at 800 miles. it has a eaton posi with aftermarket 3.73 gears and moser gurtle cover.
Old 08-20-2008, 02:50 PM
9 Second Club

look let me make a deal with you, how about you buy my truck and if the truck does not have what i said it has i'll refund you the money and you get to keep the truck, i won't miss it or will hurt my pokets. i can always build me another one and even faster with stock internal wait till i go to houston and come home with 10.6 what are you gonna say then? that it's a twin turbo
Old 08-20-2008, 03:04 PM
11 Second Truck Club

Very believable to me, 5.3 16psi and nitrous = 11.11, a 6.0 with just alone 16psi would be a mid 10 second pass, it all looks good to me.

Congrats casper and too bad you can't go to the track again or you would of had your 10 second slip already, good luck.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:16 PM
11 Second Club

once again, the doubters....

its funny cus it hasnt been done, somehow turns into it CANT BE DONE.

he is a stock 5.3 with bolt ons/cam/75 shot/built tranny/eaton rear

so many damn haters here i swear, instead of appreciating

but its cool. edgar wont lose any sleep over the doubters...he will just push the limits on this motor, till he gets the 346 going
Old 08-20-2008, 03:23 PM
Hunt&Fisherator

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I honestly have no interest in buying your truck man....besides I'd rather build one than buy one anyway. Not interested in any "callouts" or "deals" I don't want to tear it down and make bets blah blah blah like has been brought up in other threads before either... Its just pretty hilarious how if someone questions your setup all hell breaks loose... If you are running those times with that setup then good on ya... But there will always be some skeptics. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited by silver-mod-o; 08-20-2008 at 03:39 PM.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:46 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Considering what Trever just did with a 4x4 Extended Cab with a 75 shot and 10psi this isn't that far of a reach to my thought.
Old 08-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Resident Retard

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

The one thing I don't understand is why would someone lie about their setup? What is the gain in that? IMO, the shops down in the valley produce some very nice and fast vehicles.... I always hate coming into one of these threads and people doubting everything or trying to find holes in the story....

Looking foward to seeing what the forged motor will do!! Congrats BTW!!!

Quick Reply: Casper sets the bar once again on a 5.3L