Notices
8-Lug Truck Performance Duramax, 8.1L, and HD tech | Intakes | Exhaust | Tuning | Suspension | Drivetrain

Rotors that last??

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2016, 08:21 AM
Teching In

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My truck ('03 3500 crew cab dooley) has the best PowerStop stuff. No warping, and stops like a power assisted brick wall.

A buddy at work installed the same setup on his '06 like mine, and has been towing a huge (sleeps 8, and carries 4 motorcycles) toy hauler travel trailer, and his experience is the same as mine, the stuff works great.

We'll be getting a new trailer to go behind my truck this spring, and doing more towing. This rig will be about the maximum you should tow with a light (under 2-1/2 ton) truck. I'm not one of those guys who sees these new truck commercials and thinks towing 25,000 pounds of trailer and cargo with a 7,500 pound light truck is a good idea. I've got 19.5" wheels and top drawer medium truck tires on them and I still won't do that.
The following users liked this post:
Northeastconfederate (02-07-2017)
Old 02-07-2017, 05:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 3500Silverado
My truck ('03 3500 crew cab dooley) has the best PowerStop stuff. No warping, and stops like a power assisted brick wall.

A buddy at work installed the same setup on his '06 like mine, and has been towing a huge (sleeps 8, and carries 4 motorcycles) toy hauler travel trailer, and his experience is the same as mine, the stuff works great.

We'll be getting a new trailer to go behind my truck this spring, and doing more towing. This rig will be about the maximum you should tow with a light (under 2-1/2 ton) truck. I'm not one of those guys who sees these new truck commercials and thinks towing 25,000 pounds of trailer and cargo with a 7,500 pound light truck is a good idea. I've got 19.5" wheels and top drawer medium truck tires on them and I still won't do that.

I just ordered the Powerstop "kit", pads and rotors for all four wheels. Less expensive than the NAPA Ultra Premium.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:39 AM
On The Tree

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Only got maybe 100 miles on these, but first impression is very good. These brakes provide the best feel I can remember of any. Hope the rotors hold up.