PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   WEAPONS (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/weapons-198/)
-   -   Newbie on Balisongs/Butterfly Knives (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/weapons-198/newbie-balisongs-butterfly-knives-515524/)

AUTOT3K 03-15-2013 04:37 PM

Newbie on Balisongs/Butterfly Knives

hey guys
so while I was in mexico last week I picked up a cheapo butterfly, about 4.6oz stainless, and after playing with it all week I like them haha. Id like to get a better quality one to play with.
thats basically its main purpose, playing, so I dont need to worry about blade strength vs another blade haha.

I was interested in a solid brass one any thoughts on that one?

the mrs wants me to get her one as well now that shes tried mine out haha, she was looking at this stainless one which is nice and cheap so that I can get the expensive one!

any that you guys would suggest?
thanks!
:madcat:

AUTOT3K 03-15-2013 04:38 PM

also...I know they're illegal where I'm located, so this is all hypothetical of course haha and according to that website theyre able to ship to canada, so who knows how they do that

nonnieselman 03-15-2013 04:43 PM

I have one really similar to your first link..
years ago i bout a bunch of them from Smokey Mountian Knifeworks. They were almost useless but cool.

I acutally have the brass one in my night stand.

AUTOT3K 03-15-2013 04:51 PM

Originally Posted by nonnieselman (Post 5079927)
I have one really similar to your first link..
years ago i bout a bunch of them from Smokey Mountian Knifeworks. They were almost useless but cool.

I acutally have the brass one in my night stand.

So you liked the brass one? It wasn't to heavy while whipping it around?

TXsilverado 03-15-2013 05:47 PM

illegal in canada? hell we win thsoe at carnivals around here.

AUTOT3K 03-15-2013 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by TXsilverado (Post 5079950)
illegal in canada? hell we win thsoe at carnivals around here.

I was born in the wrong country. I should probly pack up and move haha

AUTOT3K 03-15-2013 07:05 PM

I am curious though...how do these companies get away with shipping stuff like that when its not allowed? I read threw their shipping terms and they said we ship almost everything except cross bows have issues.
Maybe they mis label it?

TXsilverado 03-15-2013 07:42 PM

it's usually illegal to posess the knife, but not illegal to sell it. same thing with samuri swords

AUTOT3K 03-15-2013 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by TXsilverado (Post 5079981)
it's usually illegal to posess the knife, but not illegal to sell it. same thing with samuri swords

that makes sense, kinda like radar jammers here, I could buy one at the electronics store but if I bumped into a cop 1 step outta the door it'd be gone and i'd get a fine.

AUTOT3K 03-15-2013 09:09 PM

I did a little research and the most popular choice I keep coming across is the Benchmade - 42, seems to be well built and very long lasting, but comes with the price tag of almost $300 and is discontinued.
the second option Ive been seeing a benchmade 42 clone, the exiled cutlery FU42 which is the first option I thought of with a different handle

so I think thats what I'm gonna order