PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   What could it be? Flashing check engine w/o dtc (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/what-could-flashing-check-engine-w-o-dtc-499890/)

NLalexx 04-04-2012 11:31 PM

What could it be? Flashing check engine w/o dtc

Well my truck recently started to get a Check engine Flashing light... ive been told its a misfire thing.. but the wierd thing is that the guy at the shop doesnt get no codes... he checked sparkplugs and wires ect.. he says their good.. i would think it could be a clogged injector... the truck sounds like it has a baby cam but it doesnt LOL any advice what could it be... ive been told it could be the crank sensor...The truck runs fine too.. but havent tried WOT.. i think my best bet is to take it to my tuner and check for DTC running it.. with HP tuners.. ??

smoggist 04-05-2012 12:21 AM

Mine did the exact same thing your talking about. Turned out the bolts in the head had loosened up after the header install. All that extra air going out through the exhaust fooled the pcm into thinking it was lean. So it added more fuel and was pig rich! It idled ok, but choppy, and bogged like hell when ya out your foot into it. It was also throwing random misfire codes.

Atomic 04-05-2012 12:21 AM

Yep, should be a p0300 multiple random misfire. Stock cam and stock torque converter? A scan with HPT should tell you everything you need to know.

NLalexx 04-05-2012 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by smoggist (Post 4900050)
Mine did the exact same thing your talking about. Turned out the bolts in the head had loosened up after the header install. All that extra air going out through the exhaust fooled the pcm into thinking it was lean. So it added more fuel and was pig rich! It idled ok, but choppy, and bogged like hell when ya out your foot into it. It was also throwing random misfire codes.

well i have no headers i still have stock manifolds.. but maybe they are leaking or something.. mine still has the EGR may that affect something?

NLalexx 04-05-2012 12:34 AM

Originally Posted by Atomic (Post 4900051)
Yep, should be a p0300 multiple random misfire. Stock cam and stock torque converter? A scan with HPT should tell you everything you need to know.

yhea well this started today after i got my built tranny i had a TB stall but now i have a TBSS stall its smaller but the guy said they are better in topend bla bla hes going to keep it for tonight and check it tomorrow to see if all cables are good down there ect... hopefully its something minimal... and if it dont stop hes taking it with my tunner and puttin it on HPT and running it to see what comes out.. he thinks it could be my crank position sensor... and yhea the truck idles a little choppy..

AKlowriderZ71 04-05-2012 12:56 AM

Originally Posted by NLalexx (Post 4900054)
yhea well this started today after i got my built tranny i had a TB stall but now i have a TBSS stall its smaller but the guy said they are better in topend bla bla

:bs:

Give him one more chance at figuring this problem out. After that you need to find a better mechanic... I'm already hearing things that sound like red flags, IMHO.

NLalexx 04-05-2012 01:04 AM

Originally Posted by AKlowriderZ71 (Post 4900059)
:bs:

Give him one more chance at figuring this problem out. After that you need to find a better mechanic... I'm already hearing things that sound like red flags, IMHO.

LOL well sht i guess he makes really good trannys but i dont know if that engine check light flashing has something to do with it... well hopefullly its all fixed by tomorrow i hope its nothing serious.. :(

Crisdg.KHP 04-05-2012 01:11 AM

Tabueno Alex, ya duermete. Manana a la escuela :)

AKlowriderZ71 04-05-2012 01:14 AM

Originally Posted by Crisdg.KHP (Post 4900061)
Tabueno Alex, ya duermete. Manana a la escuela :)

Habla Ingles, por favor? Don't make me bust out the ban hammer. :judge:

14psisupra 04-05-2012 02:41 AM

I'd check crank sensor as well. When we did my trans we pulled the starter and ripped a wire out on ky crank sensor. But mine would even start. Maybe yours got bumped