Notices
Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring HP Tuners | EFILive | Hand Held Programmers | Stand Alone PCM's | Electronics | Wiring Diagrams

Tuners in FL?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2019, 06:14 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tuners in FL?

I have an 08 AWD GMC Sierra 6.2L. Just doing full headers and exhaust with a CAI. Want to get. a custom tune and will be doing a cam in the next few months as well. Suggestions on a good tuner or better yet an AWD Dyno tuner in Florida? I know the truck would run a little rough without a tune if I do the headers and CAI on stock tune but would it do any damage? IE do I have to get it tuned once LT headers + cai is installed?
Old 01-16-2019, 12:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

I drove my camaro with headers, air lid without a tune for a long time, it ran fine. I would wait to get a tune until you get all the mods done. Don’t spend money twice. As for the all wheel drive dyno I’m not sure where as I’m only rear wheel drive. I’m sure if you call some of local tuners they can steer you in the right direction.
Old 01-18-2019, 06:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you didn't specify location, but I have used Formato at Fasterproms.net for my street tunes. They are just north of Tampa and have an in house dyno, but it isn't AWD.

Good luck with your search
Old 01-18-2019, 10:17 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Merctech2
I drove my camaro with headers, air lid without a tune for a long time, it ran fine. I would wait to get a tune until you get all the mods done. Don’t spend money twice. As for the all wheel drive dyno I’m not sure where as I’m only rear wheel drive. I’m sure if you call some of local tuners they can steer you in the right direction.
Thanks, Its difficult watching all the parts sit and keep waiting knowing the cam won't happen for 2-3 months.
Originally Posted by Jaysz28
you didn't specify location, but I have used Formato at Fasterproms.net for my street tunes. They are just north of Tampa and have an in house dyno, but it isn't AWD.

Good luck with your search
Im not quite South Florida but open to Tampa/ Orlando/ S Florida.... Ill check into Formato. Appreciate it!
The following users liked this post:
Jaysz28 (01-19-2019)
Old 01-18-2019, 08:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Performance Racing Options & Services in Riviera Beach has an AWD dyno I believe. Also Excel Auto Group in Boca Raton but they do a lot of exotics and not sure if they deal with GM stuff anymore