PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   Is there such thing as mail order tunes that work? (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/there-such-thing-mail-order-tunes-work-532972/)

walledition 10-17-2014 02:18 PM

Is there such thing as mail order tunes that work?

Since i have no tuner near by im stuck with mail order tunes:judge:, at first i would send the pcm away wish sucked, then i boght hptuners to just send the file but seems like now that i know a little about tunning and can take a look of everything mail order tunes suck, i ordered one for a friend and he got knock like crazy and truck was slow of course, then tuner send me another file with the timing more retarded then the original file of course making the truck slower then stock, when i wana reach the tuner his always busy and will answer me every 4 or 5 days on email asking stupid questions that we have been talking about already on email wish with a scroll down he could look at, he finally told me to install a wideband (wish i understand) now ive been waiting a week on him again, he a sponser here i wont bash him YET

so im just wondering is there someone who knows what hes doing with hp tuners who i can send files and logs with wideband reading who would tune me a 6.2 2007 truck?

2xLS1 10-17-2014 06:15 PM

Post the tune and the stock one for comparison and I'll take a look at it. I don't see too many 07 6.2L trucks. A quick google check shows the only vehicles using the 6.2L in 07 were the Caddy Escalade, GMC Yukon Denali/Denali XL, and GMC Sierra Denali.

mcdonald77 10-19-2014 01:36 PM

I email used steve at tuned by frost. I dont think it could have been much better considering I told him my mods and he programmed the ecu. I did get hptuners and remap the VE and MAP but his were pretty good and not much different.

walledition 10-20-2014 08:51 PM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by 2xLS1 (Post 5249507)
Post the tune and the stock one for comparison and I'll take a look at it. I don't see too many 07 6.2L trucks. A quick google check shows the only vehicles using the 6.2L in 07 were the Caddy Escalade, GMC Yukon Denali/Denali XL, and GMC Sierra Denali.

sorry i cant attache any tune file, gives me an error (upload of file failed), only the log, send me your email and iŽll send them too you

walledition 10-20-2014 08:53 PM

Originally Posted by mcdonald77 (Post 5249781)
I email used steve at tuned by frost. I dont think it could have been much better considering I told him my mods and he programmed the ecu. I did get hptuners and remap the VE and MAP but his were pretty good and not much different.

how can i contact him do u have his email?

turboal1 10-22-2014 04:52 PM

tuner

WallEdition,
I mite have a tuner in Dallas Tx for you to deal with
go to the WWW.355nation.net look up 05 quick4door-Cory
he does PCM tuning on N/A and Turbos

walledition 10-22-2014 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by turboal1 (Post 5250486)
WallEdition,
I mite have a tuner in Dallas Tx for you to deal with
go to the The Nation's Premier Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum look up 05 quick4door-Cory
he does PCM tuning on N/A and Turbos

im not a remeber there so i cant search, do u have his email by any chance?