PerformanceTrucks.net Forums

PerformanceTrucks.net Forums (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/)
-   Tuning, Diagnostics, Electronics, and Wiring (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/)
-   -   tech 2 and bcm (https://www.performancetrucks.net/forums/tuning-diagnostics-electronics-wiring-161/tech-2-bcm-406550/)

TURBHOE 12-03-2007 08:35 PM

tech 2 and bcm

does anybody here have access to a tech 2. i need to change or delete some code in my bcm. i'm looking at doing a 4wd to 2wd swap. i don't want the service 4wd light and all to be blinking and dinging at me all the time.
:chug:

Grumpy5.3 12-03-2007 09:33 PM

the tech 2 cannot delete codes. It can clear them, and the bcm really doesnt have anything to do with the 4 wheel drive. What you trying to do??

joshua022 12-03-2007 09:35 PM

QUOTE=Grumpy4.8;3790248]the tech 2 cannot delete codes. It can clear them, and the bcm really doesnt have anything to do with the 4 wheel drive. What you trying to do??[/QUOTE]

I agree with^^^. You can't turn off certain codes that set check engine lights with a tech 2 like you can with tuning software.

IMD 12-03-2007 11:48 PM

i think he and i have the same problem. the Service 4WD light flashing constantly after removal of the 4WD system. i was under the impression that the BCM controlled this, since the codes, and the light cant be turned off in the ECM

TURBHOE 12-04-2007 05:53 AM

yeah i looked in hpt and the only code i can find is four low sensor curciut. and the code that throw i believe start with "B" like B2771 i thought B codes were for Bcm. if not that cool but how do we get rid of them?

joshua022 12-04-2007 06:27 AM

That code sounds like it would be in the BCM, if you can't turn it off through tuning the only way to make it go off, is to fix what is causing it to come on.

TURBHOE 12-04-2007 07:46 AM

a missing t-case is whats causing it to come on. only fix for that is to replace the t-case. then you have no more t56. now i was thinking. one problem is two speed senors on the t-case and only one on the t56. what if you tie the two together? and like fluid senosr just short it together so it reads full. not sure what else the t-case has for sensors. but i'm sure you could fool the bcm/pcm to believe its still there.

TURBHOE 12-04-2007 09:07 PM

ok so the codes are from the transfer case control module. not sure if hpt could do anything with that. i'm thinking that maybe i could set the t-case to neutral and leave the encoder hooked up. i figure that way it doesn't look at the t-case front and rear speed sensors. there for no light. or hook the vss and the t-case speed sensors all together so the all read the same. and leave the encoder hooked up so it thinks everything is still there.

Truckshop 12-08-2007 11:31 AM

either configure the bcm and pcm to 2wd specs or get a 2wd bcm. then it won't look for the xfer case.

Truckshop 12-08-2007 11:32 AM

instrument cluster may have to be configured also.